Map Update

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Map Update

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Due to a recent rash in crime, Trinsic has built a prison off it's coast. It is still under construction and with any luck the prisoners held there will not revolt and take over the place, but only time will tell.

Minoc has also seen some construction in the works, the town council has decided the small area where a couple statues have been abandoned and unfinished was an eye sore, so with the aid of some artisans and plasterers along with tinkers who constructed the roof out of ceramic, a new Tudor style manor now sits atop that spot. Let this be a lesson to those who let their work go unfinished, eventually the locals will grow weary of unfinished construction works and will look to others to build something else there.

A new spider cave was discovered, coordinates are unknown at this time as the adventurer who discovered it is currently ensnared within a web of spider silk, will he ever get out?

New Haven crypts was discovered finally, as the name suggests, it is full of undeads, the necromancer Xyrathis, who brought forth the infernal horde of undead that destroyed New Haven lives within it is assumed as Xyrathis has not been seen in sometime, more information to come as scouts are sent out to retrieve information.

Khaldun's fabled treasure room has finally been discovered, information on this will be forth coming but the entrance is located off the first floor and requires a rope to get to it. A rope is believed to be retrievable from the second floor but has yet to be found.

----------------------------
Just having fun with the announcements, btw, that Necromancer name can be used for a named evil npc in the NH Crypts if the staff so desires.

In short, I finally added the New Haven Crypts to the map, a Prison off the coast of Trinsic. Yes, you heard me correctly, a new house in Minoc.
*hides behind a wall to avoid the rotten fruit*
*yells out to the angry Pangaeans* I will be done soon! Just need to finish decorating Khaldun lvl 2, I swear it, once that is done you can all have your precious map back, I will stop fiddling with it for a bit!

Screen shots possibly to come of Minoc's new house, it's time to make Minoc great again.

Ideally I would like to put one house that is exceptionally memorable in each town, sadly, Vesper is a real crap shoot for this, Nujel'm has plenty of memorable houses, Moonglow well, probably needs one, Magincia I do not much care for so am open to suggestions, Britain, well is crammed to the rafters though i did add a couple houses there, well added one and took a building that is not currently for sale and added to it. Yew, tons of room but have not added anything to it, though I do have a nucking fantastic Inn/Pub I want to put there but it is rather large and would not be for sale, Ocllo is a bit meh, suggestions welcome, Skara has some nice houses even if I do not like them, Ivan my friend you got lucky your house would have been demolished and rebuilt, Jhelom probably needs something nice, stupid arena takes up a ton of room for nothing really, fret not it is staying.

Looking for names for a town and a couple islands, sight unseen so just icq them to me as I need to put in the uoam location icons for them and need to name them something, I had a name for the town but, well, I do not like it despite me coming up with it.

Trinsic Prison, this is an interesting addition I think some may not agree with, I added it (need to finish it but it is about 1/3 of the way finished) with ya, you guessed it, a future dungeon in mind of just humanoid npcs, criminals. For instance, you have a cut purse mob that might swipe a random item from your pack if he is not revealed and you run close enough by him or criminally insane mages that know spells too dangerous and unstable to cast. I am not looking for a huge dungeon here either, something like a single or 2 floor dungeon with an actual lead up area where you fight your way through the prison before you hit the main dungeon. I probably will not develop this dungeon until after this huge phase of the map is pushed out but it is an idea for future reference.

Seriously though, Khaldun lvl 2 needs finished decorating and then placed on the main map, I will work on this and finish the Trinsic Prison as it is now on the main map and needs to be complete before the roll out but the dungeon potion of this prison will be for a future update so I will complete the dungeon later and the prison will be a completely fine looking building, but when I complete the dungeon, the RP will be that the prisoners revolted and took over the place so hopefully we will get there.

Sadly I wanted to add a snowy island but there just is not enough room! stupid moonglow gets in the way *raises his fist in anger*

Again, apologies for my fiddling, I will get back to the real task at hand, just ideas keep coming to mind for things :D.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

How Exciting!
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

some people could learn from callum. This is god damn good communication, we are getting updates on progress all the time, good work mate, if 2 out my 4 chars wouldn't be trash I would consider to start play again, just because of the things you've done

everything sounds soooo gooooooooood!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

A few pictures of the manor in Minoc.

As noted, built in the Tudor style, with Japanese style roof (this is my favorite roof style me thinks in UO). White stone walls on the first floor, where the first floor is open and completely customizable by the owner, the second floor offers 5 rooms and the third floor consists of 3 rooms with a balcony, though the rooms on the third floor are open with arch ways.

It was recently said to me that I ought to get some women's help in designing buildings, if you are a woman and have any ideas feel free to icq me with ideas on anything I have posted images of up til now. I do not expect much response to this but figured I would throw it out there.

Minoc Manor

Note: Do not ask me on prices for houses I have posted images of please, I care not to do the math, my map editing program does not tell me the cost of a house once it is built and personally I do not care about how much it will cost. Nothing I have added is as big as the large Nujelm palace but many of the houses I placed are decent sized or better. If you are curious on the cost, you will just have to wait as I do not even want to bother counting the tiles in a given area of a house. This has been asked of me a couple times now, I am not annoyed as it is only natural to wonder but to save time, I am letting you all know, it is a pointless endeavour to try to get that information out of me as I neither care nor wish to do the maths involved in finding out. Again, I am not annoyed, just a heads up of the pointlessness in asking me :D.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Honey Talerco, thinking of moving again? *winks*

good job the miracle map designer!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Processing area built on Trinsic Prison, pending some changes
Common yard built into Trinsic Prison
Cell block built on Trinsic Prison, included is an entry point to the dungeon entrance (dungeon won't be built for this map update)

Next is to complete the barracks for guards and second floor wardens office and living quarters.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Construction begun on the bridge that leads to Lord Blackthorne's castle. The Historical Society of Britain has decided to hire masons to tear down the old stone and wood bridge and build a new one of stone. Lord Blackthorne's castle is an historical site but the wood of the bridge leading to it was suffering from rot and it was felt that it ought to be replaced before someone falls through it. Structurally, the replacement bridge is more sound but it also gives a unique look to Lord Blackthorne's castle.

News from across the mountain range from Britain, the new marketplace had to have it's walls rebuilt after a storm came through and knocked over a large portion of the wall. The original walls looked sound but unbeknownst to the owner of the land, the construction crew had a mage cast a spell of Illusion to hide all the shoddy work and took the money they were paid and ran. This time however, the finest carpenters from Yew were hired to tear down and rebuild the walls. They built them higher and better with 4 watch towers, thankfully these Yewian carpenters were the same crew that built the market itself and the surrounding shops.
-------------

My RP style announcements doing anything for you guys? Thought I'd adopt a fun way to announce things rather than "here, this is what I've done."

Bridge to LBR Castle and Marketplace Walls
Last edited by Cyrus Tegyr on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

That looks awesome! And yes, the rp aspect is a nice touch, dont stop it :D
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Trinsic Prison completed, warden's quarters and office is a sparse 3 room apartment above the sleeping quarters for the guards.

Pictures pending but I finished this over the weekend and forgot to mention it openly
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I'm going to throw this out there, but this map is in the works of being resurrected.

I ran into a snag that I can't resolve, no worries it is not any data loss but it is something that needs to be resolved if I plan to use the same tool, which I do, to work on the map.

I'm going to get Hayabusa to aid me in this project, it was almost done to my standards at the time, however since I've become staff I've been able to find places and spots more easily that I'd like to fix so I will work on some of those places.

There will likely be some temporary in game changes to some places denoting future changes to some areas, be patient with them, I have a deadline goal of getting map done by mid to late summer latest.

The reason for this is due in part to scripting deadlines I'd like to meet before the map rolls out, one of these coming mid to end January and the other late to mid June at the latest, the latter being the move to 099.

Without going into too much detail, it should include major revisions to items which may or may not be apparent to players in game, major item update push, new house addon (deeded item) system, a few updates here and there and just a general overall stability and improvement of the shard. The goal is to get to a point where we can utilize the latest client version at some point and to in this process fix or make way for huge and sweeping game improvements in the future.

Back to map talk, these are areas I'm planning on looking at for changes:
- Salos
- Yew
- Britain
- Nujel'm
- Vesper
- Trinsic
- Skara Brae (fear not housing will not be touched as far as I can foresee.)
- Additional wilderness housing including towers and keeps possibly
- re-evaluation of work done previously.

I'll keep you guys posted if anything else should come to light in my mind.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill