Map Update

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

tennmiller

Re: Map Update

Post by tennmiller »

Have you looked into covetous at all? I recall it being a bit troublesome, but i dont remember if that was because so many keldians or if the actually dungeon was kinda of off.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
GM Oden

Re: Map Update

Post by GM Oden »

No on covetous, once the shard is up I can go through it and find out what is and is not level 1-X and see.

I've mainly been adding trees, a dungeon entrance and other goodies to the map, fixed a couple buildings that I had unfinished and started on a manor in moonglow, sparking some controversy on whether I can use Tokuno style roofs and floors.

In short I've spent a lot of time posting screen shots with similar design and roof styles, I said this on discord and I'll say it again here, if the map gets used on Pangaea or not makes no difference to me, if it doesn't I'll have a map exclusively for my shard and I'll just put half the time I put into scripting for Pangaea into my shard and scripting for it. I won't have spent 6+ months for naught. I don't think I've a negative review on any screen shots I've posted and as for where do players have a say in the map, I don't recall in past map additions being consulted with as a player or indeed as a counselor about if the nature temple looked good, haven't seen threads about asking how new Haven looks while it was being built, wasn't asked if I thought venom or salos or khaldun looked good so I think I've done a pretty damn good job about getting players feedback compared to those map updates.

As for the house in question in Moonglow, don't worry upon reviewing screen shots I'm putting a new roof on it. If you don't like the tokuno style roofs don't buy a house with them or visit the town that has about 4 or 5 of them. Being a bit of a tyrant here I know but I don't plan on reversing months of work for a stupid rule of "no Japanese style stuff." I'll also point out I also not only let you guys know via screen shots, Argon had initial screenshots of the map areas before I posted screenshots to the general public.

Growing a little weary and this is not the fault of the majority, of trying to improve Pangaea in big ways and getting push back. If the idea is to keep Pangaea the way it was when ares and Kevin and iktomi were done, once I get old religions and guards working you don't need a scripted or mapper or general staff person to be around at all hours of what is my night through the early early morning for me and I'm sure I can put my time to my shard or the Distro instead of splitting my time between Pangaea which is the majority of my time and the Distro and the pittance of time I spend on my shard where I don't have legacy bull shit I need to step lightly around cause, you know, it's pang bro and this is how it was, will be and shall remain forever and ever.

Sorry you get an earful, just got done talking to a brick wall it seems.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill