Yearly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Yearly Updates

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I'd say I'd be done here if there was a two and a half year time warp involving skills, I took my heightened scribe to 103.5 inscription nearly 2.5% in skill and am not interested in losing that. It'd be a loss to not play Pangaea but I'd walk away if that happened and just focus my time and energy elsewhere.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

I think if someone would step up and be the new admin and ran the server from day to day most of the players would have a different outlook on the future of pang. If blkfire wants to stay on staff and finish his religion project with a deadline I would be fine with that. But the server needs a Gm presence and other fixes that cyrus had mentioned, this shouldnt be a one man show. Cyrus has expressed the most interest in helping and keeping this server alive, Id like to see ball start rolling on getting cyrus setup and let him start making some changes. We need updates, activity something we all have been missing. Blkfires work doesnt go unnoticed or unappreciated, but I think enough time has passed where we need to see more.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

2 years later and you guys are still fricking delusional, for real. Release the Pang script.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Gurrnutt Venomblade wrote:Blkfires work doesnt go unnoticed or unappreciated.
What "work" are you speaking about ?
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Johnny Walac wrote:2 years later and you guys are still fricking delusional, for real. Release the Pang script.
Hey I agree with you, I'm not delusional, I just would like to see them released in the spirit of an open source project so that if people wanted to contribute to the betterment of the shard or just a better product, they can.

A full on frenzy download is just not the best solution, giving multiple eyes on a project will hopefully help root out bugs and general improvements.

While I'm sure there's plans by some to have a weekend pvp friends only shard, others would prefer to see a continuation of Pangaea days of old and would consider getting into improving the product.

I just don't see "release the scripts" as a winning slogan and offers nothing in return to Pangaea and it's current overlord (Irming). But I guess this line of thinking could make me delusional.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Blckfire has done work to the server it may not be what we all want or delivered as promised, but it's still work... keep the server running despite we maybe down without response at times all is work. Now we are at the point where we want more , something he may not be able to give us at this time... which is why yes the current files should be released, to someone willing to take the task. We aren't delussion, we all have time and effort put into our chars while most bailed a year ago, so it's very easy for some to say release the old files and revert back . Pass the current files on so we may have active staff member or members. Cyrus said it best we need fresh eyes .
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Malron wrote:You would be playing mostly alone if there is a character wipe/time warp at this point. The active community will mostly depart should that occur. Blckfire or the next admin would have to transfer characters and skills of the players who have stuck around waiting and training. And he has stated he will not. That would be the end from those I have talked to about it. Too many hours given, far more than an "hour here and there".

An item wipe is fine, a skill/character wipe to make a religious pvp shard is not.
I honestly think more people would log in with the old skills/items/religions then currently play.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Quintoz wrote:
Malron wrote:You would be playing mostly alone if there is a character wipe/time warp at this point. The active community will mostly depart should that occur. Blckfire or the next admin would have to transfer characters and skills of the players who have stuck around waiting and training. And he has stated he will not. That would be the end from those I have talked to about it. Too many hours given, far more than an "hour here and there".

An item wipe is fine, a skill/character wipe to make a religious pvp shard is not.
I honestly think more people would log in with the old skills/items/religions then currently play.
Probably true, since most ppl aren't playing anyways, and a good bit of them would return. But still, that wouldn't be fair to the people that have been training/playing/amassing wealth in the meantime
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Item wipe, OK but skill time warp, I don't see where that'd make any real difference to the players who hadn't been playing in the last two years.

I'd compromise with an item wipe but skills, don't think so, plus what of those people who created new characters in the last two years, I'm sure there are some I know of one for sure, kind of screws them over.
Malron

Post by Malron »

If you have not been on actively in the last 6 months or only post negative comments to the forums, you do not deserve to have a say really.

The current active community is around 12 players or so. A wipe and old religion system is not gonna bring back 20+. They would be posting about it.