Yearly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Re: Yearly Updates

Post by GM Oden »

In keeping with tradition, here's your yearly update.

I've been tasked with my first project on religions. I won't lie to you, preliminary thoughts on how to do it seems harder than it needs to be but I will try it the way I've been tasked to do it.

Going to work on the rite selection process for the tome users. I won't get into the nitty gritty on the method involved and how it'll work internally but I will try to get this done in a timely fashion and move onto the next unfinished bit.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Re: Yearly Updates

Post by GM Oden »

Began working on the canon stuff last night as the way the old one was written just is not compatible with the new envisioned religion system. About half of the canon scripting is done, just need to slap together the inner workings that display the Gump and rites in aforementioned canon.

I'll add a bonus treat, allowing players to "minimize" their tome much like can be done with backpacks and other built in client side gumps.

As a side note, I chose my way since its just easier to manage in the long term and easy to implement in the short term, kind of a win win.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill