Yearly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Yearly Updates

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Malron wrote:If you have not been on actively in the last 6 months or only post negative comments to the forums, you do not deserve to have a say really.
Well I have been on actively in the last six months and have posted negatively on the forums. I also spent 8 months working on the map stuff which I still have and if I see a change in production, I could finish it it's almost done, I've sent in a carpet deed package which has not been implemented, along with a couple other things I've scripted and willing to part with.

Of course I also have some idea of what is going on scripting side and three times now have basically been shot down about helping scripting wise with 1 caveat which they've been unwilling to meet. (Well I haven't heard back about this third and final time but silence is golden so I'm taking it as they don't need or want my help).

So I've all the right in the world to sit here and complain, I've actually tried to help on more than one front and had what I can only call bs thrown back at me, so yes, I'll be snarky, I'll be pissy, I'll complain, I'll try to help all in the same post sometimes and that's that.

If you weren't referring to me fine but I think even the inactive have a right to voice their opinion here as they've a reason as to why they're not playing.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Malron wrote: A wipe and old religion system is not gonna bring back 20+
And you know this how ?

PvP has always kept this shard somewhat alive and also killed it a few times, mostly due to incompetent staff.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Malron wrote:If you have not been on actively in the last 6 months or only post negative comments to the forums, you do not deserve to have a say really.

The current active community is around 12 players or so. A wipe and old religion system is not gonna bring back 20+. They would be posting about it.
Everybody has a say that's the point of a forum, if you don't want to accept the fact that 12 players is fucking pathetic then don't. Before Boris and c/o quit running the shard you could login at any point during the day and atleast 30 people would be on with another 30 ready to login to defend a siege or drop one.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Malron

Post by Malron »

where are their posts? You are just guessing.

Maybe you could battle johnny with scimitars with a nice wipe!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Malron wrote:where are their posts? You are just guessing.

Maybe you could battle johnny with scimitars with a nice wipe!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Go check zomgish pics if you want proof that religions, sieges and pvp brings activity. Wouldn't be a wipe would just go back to where the game >before< the item wipe of 2015.

Demian

Post by Demian »

There's absolutely no need for a time warp. Item wipe would make sense and having one every once in a while is good for the economy anyway, but why a time warp? Even if it would be impossible to roll back to an older scriptbase with the current savefiles, an active staff could easily transfer the skills and new characters and it's as if nothing really happened except for the itemwipe and we retain all the players who'd otherwise quit - myself included. 2015 economy is completely ruined anyway. It would be much better to start from 0 again.

But in the end, it doesn't seem like there's a line for people willing or making any effort to run the shard properly.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Demian wrote:But in the end, it doesn't seem like there's a line for people willing or making any effort to run the shard properly.
There isn't, just a bunch of whiners.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Could we atleast know what happened to the rest of the staff?
Vulcan hasn't logged in in one month and Argon since February..
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Probably got tired of waiting for nothing.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

yuusou wrote:
Demian wrote:But in the end, it doesn't seem like there's a line for people willing or making any effort to run the shard properly.
There isn't, just a bunch of whiners.
Hypocrites unite.