Yearly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Demian

Re: Yearly Updates

Post by Demian »

Quintoz wrote:Hypocrites unite.
Hypocricy where? That's actually extremely ironic coming from someone whose every post for the past 2 years has been a whine.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Quintoz wrote:Hypocrites unite.
Hypocricy where? That's actually extremely ironic coming from someone whose every post for the past 2 years has been a whine.
This project was doomed from day1 because they chose to not work with a stable staff and do their own thing. Argon and Vulcan are terrible gm's and blackfire hasen't made any visable progress so far. Portugal seems to be on permanent vacation.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Malron wrote:If you have not been on actively in the last 6 months or only post negative comments to the forums, you do not deserve to have a say really.
Those of us that have not been active in the last 6 months deserve a say. Why? Because there are more non-active players than active players. Because the player count/playerbase was higher because of the players not playing in the last 6 months, were playing before that. They stopped playing for a reason. We need to listen to those reasons to understand what needs to be done to do to get them playing again, or at least attract new players.

My inactivity on Pang has reasons that are shared with my two siblings that also played- so that's at least 3 players gone that could have been active, make it 4 since I'm pretty sure I can convince my GF to play if I wanted to. How many more are there out there like me? The less reasons NOT to play, the easier it becomes to attract new blood here.

Some have played on Pang for YEARS, some have invested HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of hours playing this game. It's not just any game- this game takes serious time investment. The players need to be treated like shareholders-keep them interested (don't make their life too easy- keep them keen) but also don't piss them off.

A game like this could keep for decades (in fact it already has), the older players may play less, but with a population of billions on this planet, there will be no shortage of young nerds that would want to play a game (even with the shoddy graphics) like this provided the conditions are right...
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I concur with Edward on this, I know about 8 people IRL whom are good friends or family who used to play JE and Pangaea during the early days that I could consider trying to convince bringing back into the fold but not at this point in time and they'd probably like to see some key things changed and fixed, mainly in the merchant system, but that's for another topic.

Sitting idly by and hoping for the best hasn't worked either. I'm not saying grab your pitchforks and torches. What I'm getting at is, instead of calling people who have legitimate complaints and concerns, whiners or complainers, hear them out and like wise the other side.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Demian

Post by Demian »

While I think it's good that people are concerned and want things to change, I think it's highly unreasonable that inactive players come and start demanding timewarps. Is a staff that would make such a move really a staff we would want to have? Clearly they wouldn't give 2 shits about the players as a whole if they cave in to a few forum warriors. Biased, I'd say.

And still, if we want a change of pace, what we need is a new host, a scripter and an active staff to run the day-to-day stuff. Do we have those? Because to me it doesn't seem that way. Atleast no one serious has stated their willigness to actually take over the whole thing. We may have a few volunteers willing to help blckfire here and there, but that route is clearly closed, so we can talk all we want but we've been doing that for over a year already and nothing has changed.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Demian wrote:While I think it's good that people are concerned and want things to change, I think it's highly unreasonable that inactive players come and start demanding timewarps. Is a staff that would make such a move really a staff we would want to have? Clearly they wouldn't give 2 shits about the players as a whole if they cave in to a few forum warriors. Biased, I'd say.

And still, if we want a change of pace, what we need is a new host, a scripter and an active staff to run the day-to-day stuff. Do we have those? Because to me it doesn't seem that way. Atleast no one serious has stated their willigness to actually take over the whole thing. We may have a few volunteers willing to help blckfire here and there, but that route is clearly closed, so we can talk all we want but we've been doing that for over a year already and nothing has changed.
does anyone really demand a timewarp? i mean people want the old pang back more than timewarp, problem is that blackfire don't want to transfer all the stats/skills, I really want old pang back aswell, and believe me I'd like to see all your stats and skills transfered, since you were playing when i wasn't. Blckfire failed, whats wrong with some peeps actualy wanting playable pang back...
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

The thing is all those people (and I wonder if really, there are those many) refuse to play with the pangaea we have now, just because of the lack of religions, as if we couldn't do stuff without religions. But we've discussed this for a good bit already.
I think we may be past the point of no return, these supposed people that would play are simply not even posting anymore. I don't think anyone blames them, there's a lot of other things to do other than pangaea, and when the shard is dead, it's another reason not to play.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

As for taking over as scripter I'd throw my hat in the ring at this point, but the three times I've tried to get anywhere to help script it's been shot down time and time again.

I agree that a timewarp is unreasonable from people who aren't playing, however, I don't necessarily think these people should not be heard.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian wrote:While I think it's good that people are concerned and want things to change, I think it's highly unreasonable that inactive players come and start demanding timewarps. Is a staff that would make such a move really a staff we would want to have? Clearly they wouldn't give 2 shits about the players as a whole if they cave in to a few forum warriors. Biased, I'd say.

It is rather hilarious that you think you have a bigger say in the future of Pangaea 'cause you been circlejerking this deadhorse for 2 years with 12 other players. Be my guest and continue to macro on a dead shard.

I just want the script and you can stay here, that is all.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:just because of the lack of religions, as if we couldn't do stuff without religions.
Religions were neccessary for 3 classes to function properly, it was needed to create content that was interesting, it was the reason the siege system worked. The religions were short and sweet, Pangaea's one trick pony, everything else in the game happened because of Religions. Taking them away and providing nothing killed the shard.

Edit : I couldn't care less if people got to keep their skills and stats, I just don't care to re-grind gear, re-capture houses, I just want to pick up where we left off when we had a competent staff and things felt like they mattered.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat