Dedicated Server/ Staff

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Emirien

Re: Dedicated Server/ Staff

Post by Emirien »

Johnny Walac wrote:You guys are fricking delusional

Well its better than to wait forever, only being on forums, until religions come out... at least we know we're insane :D
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Malron

Post by Malron »

Happy to pitch in for a dedicated host :D
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Any input from one of the staff would be helpful, server has been lagg filled for about a week now.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Yeah, it would be good to hear from the staff. I still support them, and I suppose many of the players that still play do, otherwise they wouldn't be playing. My main reason is that I really want this new religion system to come out, and I'm not in such a big rush to have them, although I kind of want them already :P
However, what is alarming me and I suppose all the others for more than one month now is the lack of any reply whatsoever. We need feedback. The shard is dead already, but feeling that you're playing with no possible future is even worse.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Glarundis wrote:Yeah, it would be good to hear from the staff. I still support them, and I suppose many of the players that still play do.

Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

As someone who has been approached to script by 3 players over the last week, I've said my peace to those requests and have made clear my intentions with current staff, I won't scrabble around in the relative darkness trying to script because there seems to be some grudge against my past scripting experiences, which admittedly was never in a lead scripting role.

As for a dedicated server, it's a good idea and I'd consider hosting it on my own stable and relatively speedy internet but as some of you may know from conversations with me over the last few weeks to a month, that won't happen. I'm running on a shoestring budget after some major events that have occurred over the last year, but I keep up my internet connection and am always around for people to contact me via icq or Skype and check the forums relatively regularly, just a suggestion to throw out there.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

theres fucking 10 pages on the line.
291-697-526
Breg

Post by Breg »

I think it would be nice and all, since I got a skill and stat drop for a failed macrocheck I failed two days before said skill/stat loss.. so why did I waste my time training any further?
And yes I understand I failed the macrocheck, but i doubt anyone who hasn't had such a dedication to this shard; would even still be playing.
Given it was not a full 0% drop.. but that being said why punish someone for one mistake?
My first, and then on top of that decide to logon one day as a staff member be like, "oh I should check these fails" and drop this skill of one of our maybe 14 active players.
Maybe im wrong.. but if this was something I charged to do, you better believe I wouldn't wait to the very last second to enforce the outdated rules.

713-069-188
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I agree Breg, I'm sitting at two failed checks from YEARS ago, if I fail another I get jail time, these checks don't fall off the account after a given amount of time, it's pretty stupid.

I guess it'd be one thing if there was development going on in other aspects of the shard i.e. Rules being reworked as a whole, I am thankful macro check fails are less harsh in terms of the skill drop, loot pools being re-evaluated and discussed, any of the minor ideas implemented, there are a couple that would take 10-20 minutes tops to implement and some I was willing to help with, you know basic shit anyone can do who is staff, hell counsellors can do the CFG work if given the chance, it is not difficult if the guidelines are set out as to what is wanted or needed.

I want Pangaea to be around and have an improved script base as it really could use some updates to various aspects of the shard from merchantery to pvm to pvp to magic users. While I've not been as active as I was a few months ago I'm still around and keep close watch on various UO shards, UO emulators including pol and spend most of my time working on my own little projects in pol as a hobby just to see some of my past ideas come to life I had posted on these very forums. But as a whole, I've soured a bit if you couldn't tell.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Daimeri

Post by Daimeri »

Hello, why there is no religions yet? Correct if im wrong, but religions first release date was two years ago?

Is Admin still doing it?