@Irming Release the Pangaea script

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

@Irming Release the Pangaea script

Post by Johnny Walac »

@Irming
Release the Pangaea script to keep Pang alive.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ondoher

Re: @Irming Release the Pangaea script

Post by Ondoher »

Johnny Walac wrote:@Irming
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Ondoher wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:@Irming
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I'll sign my name to this, I'm sure work needs to be done but, that'll give a chance for stuff to get done.

I can already state that the AI stuff needs to be reworked to give mobiles a real life feel, giving them the ability to pathfind, a better handle on mob stats, updating their stats to a more randomized set of numbers so for instance, a shabooli witch doctor has similar but not the exact same stats as another shabooli witch doctor.

Merchant stuff so long neglected or as usual band aided over.

Improvements and fixing bugs and ultimately which would or should be the first goal of anyone, pushing Pangaea into the 099 pol core, it won't be an easy task but it's a hell of a lot simpler than the 095 to 096 conversion.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I don't think releasing scripts would keep it alive. I think you'd get several people trying to start their own version of pang, splitting the community...? I dunno though.

As a former dev for pangaea, I wouldn't be opposed to helping out here and there if needed either.

Kevin
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Kevin wrote:I don't think releasing scripts would keep it alive. I think you'd get several people trying to start their own version of pang, splitting the community...? I dunno though.

As a former dev for pangaea, I wouldn't be opposed to helping out here and there if needed either.

Kevin
I can see that, I personally think however that most people would give up on that endeavour quickly if they started a shard, most people just think get the server start her up and you're good to go, it's not that simple.

If blckfire got permission from Irming to drop me the script base I'd help out but I'm not interested in scripting stuff exclusively for Pangaea on a script base that is nothing like Pangaea if there is not a little give here, makes me feel like I'm being used and I'm just not interested in that.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Yes.. someday this shard will disappear for good. I want my own copy when that happens.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Mulva wrote:Yes.. someday this shard will disappear for good. I want my own copy when that happens.
Shit might aswell already be considered gone, thus we want a version of a script for funnsies. Pre-Mayor system if possible.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Johnny Walac wrote:Pre-Mayor system if possible.
The older the better. I want a copy from before the first itemwipe so I can rifle through everybody's secures.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Mulva wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Pre-Mayor system if possible.
The older the better. I want a copy from before the first itemwipe so I can rifle through everybody's secures.
Hear hear, I have had this want for ages, to see how my characters were (almost 10 years ago?). It would be nice to see the stuff of the past even if it were not some permanent thing.

Isn't possible to create a virtual machine hosting Pang, in an artificial environment of course so you could "play with yourself"? This would be maybe an alternative to the less tech people because setting up a shard would be more complicated than just running a VM?