New Staff

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

New Staff

Post by GM Oden »

So, hopefully I don't get too mocked about the name I chose.

I am a new staff member, I make no bones about who I played, I don't subscribe to the notion of secrecy about it. If you have not heard, yes, Cyrus Tegyr is no more for the foreseeable future.

I am looking forward to mending fences and playing the horrid role of Public Relations at least initially. I will keep the same ICQ info as before, Skype as before and remain on Discord as that is my life link to the POL Devs so you can find me there in the Pangaea chat for Discord.

Also, until the players revolt I will remain in UOAM chat or at least pop in from time to time but I do not see any reason not to be in there as that is another spring of life for Pangaea's activity.

I am still learning the ropes in terms of the commands and what I can and cannot do, I have never been a lower command level than Test (which means nothing to most of you but means quite a bit in the hierarchy of a shard's staffing scheme.)

If you have any questions, concerns or anything I can help out with please do not hesitate to contact me, I will fill out my info on the forums here, I won't hide from you guys.

I hope you all know where I stand, I have made my stance pretty clear in the many posts I have made over the last 5+ years for ideas I have for Pangaea and Ultima in general.

I can not wait to dig in and work on some scripting for the shard.

Thanks for sticking it out and to those who are not currently playing, I am sympathetic and know the biggest complaint, we all do, so once I get situated I will see what I can do in helping to get religions back in play.

You should all know, my ultimate goal is to aim for upgrading Pangaea to the latest POL core and would gladly work on that but I realize there are things that need to be done in the more immediate time.

Look forward to seeing more of you in game and hearing input, feedback, complaints which ultimately lead to solving the wrongs and slights some of you are feeling.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Jaskier Huntley

Re: New Staff

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Welcome aboard :)
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Ok.

Also pic is relevant:

Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Staff activity on forums just increased by 1000%. This is a good change :P
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Ondoher wrote:Ok.

Also pic is relevant:

Totally relevant, though I prefer their licorice :D
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

:O wow, finally some good news... I'm glad you stepped up callum

P.S Good luck dealing with us :twisted:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Thanks for the time invested as a player and all the help given to other players, and hopefully now as a member of the staff.

Go go!
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

James Blackburn wrote: P.S Good luck dealing with us :twisted:
Just remember, I know where your characters live and sleep!

Thanks for the positive welcomings I'm going to try my best to help get Pangaea back to a playable place for the masses.

Fear not by the way mappings will be undertaken again at some point in the near future as well so I'll be splitting my time up here and there though as I recall I think it is mostly finished.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

So what does this actually mean?

Have you joined with Blackfail pangs current (non) staff or are you starting your own staff with a new shard that people might actually play because it has content?

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Quintoz wrote:So what does this actually mean?

Have you joined with Blackfail pangs current (non) staff or are you starting your own staff with a new shard that people might actually play because it has content?
Right now I'm on staff not the staff but I'm going to try to do right for those players who currently play and those who aren't.

I know it's not your ideal situation but I'm willing to try to get the ball rolling again. So, I'll be making a post about short term things that can be done while the gears start to turn on pushing out the bigger project here shortly so keep those thoughts from this thread.

I'm talking small to medium changes that can improve the game in the meantime.

I've not yet really looked at the religions as I'm not sure where exactly they are nor do I have any idea which direction the plan was for religions as I'm awaiting fm forum access where I'm hoping there is a roadmap to implementation.

I'm going to try to effect change instead of complaining, I won't promise the moon but I will try to do right by players past and present, if you want to give me that chance, I'd be greatful, if not than all I can say is I'll try my hardest to prove to you I'm on your side no matter which side of the fence I'm on. You've read my criticisms so I ask you not to paint me with failure in my choice to try to get this going again.