Tracking Progress.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Re: Tracking Progress.

Post by GM Oden »

I've already scripted that I've said this numerous times but let's go for round 5.

Post Religions or very pre religions as in right before religions are released.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

GM Oden wrote:I've already scripted that I've said this numerous times but let's go for round 5.

Post Religions or very pre religions as in right before religions are released.
I know you have already scripted it, I just didn't expect that I'd have to wait until religions are to be released, ok
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

- New secure container system is done and dusted. I need to test the oninsert script but when we move over, old secure containers will work as they do now, when a however, new containers that are secured will be under the new system. I wanted to just automate this but the automation I put in place decided to eat all items in the container. This was a small middle ground I chose to compromise on.

- Fixed rune spawn system. They will now spawn mobs under 099.

- Removed our regionspawner system which by some of the staff's own admission they never use, it's cause it's unchangeable in game. Dropped in my shards area spawner which is completely controllable in game with a well laid out gump with a plethora of more feature sets and spawning customization.

- Removed .grab it is no longer necessary as with these upgrades, if you double click your own corpse it will automatically move everything from it to your backpack.

To-do:
Fix doors, they do not auto close right now...

Add *looting* messages to onremove script for corpses.

Some minor oversights on my part with spell systems

Ensure all custom containers are present.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Think I can finally announce rework of bard stuff just about done. I have one major thing left to do with it which I finished most of last night and then one minor thing and it'll be set for testing.

Two new dot commands will replace .lastsong:

.bard - will bring up a Gump with a description of the bard system.
.bard help - Same as above.
.bard instruments - will bring up a Gump to allow the bard to setup their favored instruments so that the bard has more control over what instrument is automatically used when the .playsong command is used.

.playsong <song title> or <song list number> - This will replace .lastsong and it's about done. You will be able to use either the song title as it appears in the Gump OR the index number the song is found in the Gump (1-19).

I'm also going to get together with the rest of the staff but if we update to a newer client which I desperately want to do, there will need to be made a minor change to the class system and an additional change to a bard song.

Next on agenda:
Traps
Levers
Detect Hidden
Remove Trap
Religions

Not necessarily in that order but I think religions then the rest. So expect Player Question Time. If you want to get involved with the questions regarding religions, be sure to let me know/get onto discord.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

You thought I forgot about this thread.

Short and sweet.

- organized Harry the handyman pkg so it's more, well organized.
- Rewrote the get a new dagger functionality to store the dagger's serial and time at which it was given in a datafile key.
Rewrote the fix item function, this is rarely used but I had some fun with it, as he inspects an item he will spout off some random saying, some of which are my creations, some of which are inspired by pop culture references but are more of an inside joke to those who know what they are and in no way demean or belittle the RP atmosphere.

- For developers mainly, while his speech skip logic remains the same for speech that does not trigger one of his Random Tasks, any future random task needs to be added to a cfg file with a script also written which will be executed. It is uniform so you pass it an array containing the character reference and Harry reference. This if done properly will mean that there is no need to fiddle about in his AI skip logic speech recognition statement as I pull all text and do an equality check for the speech.cfg file in his skip logic statement.

To-do:
- Finish the new "help " or "assistance " gump. This will auto update and grow based on the speech.cfg file. This was the main reason I wanted to redo his random task speech recognition skip logic stuff.
- Add a section to Harry's datafile for settings up in game whether to allow Halloween stuff and name change deed stuff and any future event based Random Tasks that are limited time only.
- Write a random task script for passing out name change deeds and handling that, as well as a cleanup command which can be executed when ever staff need to wipe the shard of stray name change deeds.

Sounds like loads of work yet to do but if I work super slow it'll take me three days to write everything and another three to test and if I work fast I'll get testing and writing done this weekend, possibly Monday.