Tracking Progress.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Tracking Progress.

Post by GM Oden »

So you've all been neglected and left in the dark for at least a year, I've taken the initiative and put a Trello board together so you all can track my assigned projects or ones I want to accomplish.

Pangaea Trello Board

Questions and concerns please let me know.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Re: Tracking Progress.

Post by GM Oden »

Minor set back in time, not wasted but had to put my attention toward completing a rites.cfg file that essentially lays out various parameters that a rite needs or uses as well as for future reference, the ability to display in game what each rite does.

Thanks to Ondo and Aldath on Discord for helping me fill in some of my ignorances on what some of the rites do.

- Added a few additional methods for the canon. (See Trello link above for info.)

- Added a few other items to the list that needed to be done before the canon script could be completed, for the most part I finished these to where I can begin testing the canon script as I write it.

In short, really only two major things need to be done now with regards to the canon script and I think I can knock them out by Sunday at the absolute latest IF I am really lazy about things.

Side note: The background to the canon will be changed so I can add minimize support, it is a minor issue I am sure to most of you but i want to give the canon additional functionality allowing players to have access to it via a button on their screen instead of an item in their backpack.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Thanks for this small treat :)
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Update on the canon:

Unfortunately all the screen shots are on discord but maybe when it is done tonight I will post the final product.

- Fills all the Sacraments in the first page. These remain on the first page only.
- Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth page fills up with the Holy Rites, these do not corrupt the first page and should never appear on the first page of the canon, these are the rites every religion gets.

ToDo:
Complete Rituals populating on the sixth and final page of the gump.

Features to note about canon:
- Minimizes to a smaller spellbook on the screen
- when a spell is cast, the gump remains open. This means I will need to talk to Blckfire about removing "RequiresAttention" from the item so players can run around and do other things while the canon is open, so it works similar to the built in spell book. (Note, I would like to change the Codex to work like this, the druid bag I would ideally like to fix as well but I fear you guys would not like it, I would like to get rid of the stupid bag thing and just make it a book, making spells already present transfer over to the new book system but this stuff will be for future reference.)
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Canon finished, just finishing up the rites.cfg adding in all the script stuff so I can test to ensure that the script calls the right rite script when a button value is returned.

- Adding a single rite, filling a canon with Sacraments and Holy Rites, Removing a rite (Need to test this actually) and wiping a canon should all work, though I have not tested the latter two and actually I do not believe I wrote the WipeCanon function, it is there but does nothing as I was not sure which cprop name to settle on, I will write it real quick to test it.

This means, in terms of what I am working on, I can move onto the altar stuff and write the couple functions needed to allow a player to add specific rites to their tome, though, I already wrote most of this, just need to write the populate gump with proper buttons stuff and we should be set to jet there. Though I am awaiting a list which will hopefully get here sooner rather than later.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

My workings have been sent to Blckfire, that should conclude getting at least the canon script ready and set.

The stuff included were methods for adding the rites array onto the tome, a half completed but functional rites.cfg that does everything we need it to do initially to call the proper script, assign the proper name in the tome to the rite and many other updates to help with future updates, the biggest update I would like to undertake is moving the religion system into a more modern POL styled spell casting system. This will require a bit of work but worth it in the end and if I have my druthers, simplify the foci required to cast a rite.

Some rite names were changed to protect the innocent and correct 15+ year old spelling mistakes, I'm a native English speaker and thus it is clearly the best language, grammatical and spelling errors should always be snuffed out, they're so easy to fix. I won't tell you what rite names were changed as I took my own initiative on that so they may be reverted back to their same old crumby names but in all things nerd-dom just know I scoured my D&D books to find better suiting names and will likely do the same for necromancy and druidry if I get the opportunity to work with those to move their spell casting system up to the more befitting spell starter system.

One of my goals is to add a back part to the canon in a future update similar to the codex and Druid bag so that is nothing else players can see what each rite takes to cast, the description of a rite and its mana cost. More information at the players finger tips in game means less time poking about looking for old posts about what a rite does.

I will get with blckfire and find out what exactly is left to be done pre roll out and try to give you guys a rough time frame as I know some of you have jumped back into the game due to some vital signs being present. I'm not going to promise the moon and stars to you but I'm trying my best with the help of the other staffers to get a good product rolled out to you in a more timelier fashion. You all know my views on my ideal religion system but I'm not going to force any of that in, the only thing I can do is try to get minor quality of life changes made and go from there which with the canon I think I've achieved, from a player perspective.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

"Halloween is almost here.
Kids who beg for treats are near,
What is Pangaea is doing this year?
Come and see or hear."

I'm working on a project unfortunately I can't give the whole thing over to Pangaea as out client is out of date so most of the items wouldn't work here but I might be willing to spruce up the T or T bag this year. Itd be a random item of 10 in the bag so that you'd have to collect them for the entire set.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

What was the reason we are set to such a delay in term of version???
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Diam Larkei wrote:What was the reason we are set to such a delay in term of version???
You mean Halloween stuff lol?

Cause no ones felt like doing anything with them.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

As long as we get your Xmas gift, we are happy!

for now!!!
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!