Tracking Progress.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Re: Tracking Progress.

Post by GM Oden »

- changed future deprecated members such as character.IP to either character.client or character.client.IP depending on the usage required.

- Began moving operators such as 'and' to && as well as 'or' to ||. The new operator types might improve compile time which means nothing in terms of performance to players as aside from major possible rewrites of large swaths of code, not much can be done for run time execution, IE run time is when you use a dot command, it executes a script that corresponds to the dot command.

- Began working to reorganize include files, pulling ones that are not called anywhere and moving ones that were written specifically for a pkg into the pkg they were written for.

- Altering include file references from something like "..pkg/combat/loot/loot" to ":loot:loot", I suspect the aforementioned way some include files we're called were hold overs from POL 094 and/or before. There's a number of these so I will likely be spending the next couple days on this and then have to run through ReadConfigFile, StartScript and RunScriptToCompletion functions to ensure their file path calls are uniform.

IMPORTANT:
One of the things added to 099 is built in support for the overhead combat text you can toggle on in the .options Gump so I'm going to make a post in a few days I hope to see how many people have that on and what we might want to add or remove from .options command as I think we can easily expand it for custom shard specific functions we have on Pangaea.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Number 4 just about done, have 3 calls to change.

Since we don't use the motd pkg which I assume is because it's tough to change the motd.

I'm going to replace it with a different motd pkg so that we might be able to use it again for if nothing else a brief changelog in game. But ideally for planning events. This will change one of the three things I need to fix above automatically.

Number 3 I started on, ran into a snag annoyingly. There's an older gumps system that for you no agenda listeners out there, is used by the magic number of scripts. So I'm going to move these old Gump stuff into an old gumps pkg and where possible, if I can quickly do it, move as many scripts as possible away from these include files and over to the one I put in which is the most up to date one as I added everything we can currently do with gumps. Class include file moved to classSystem pkg, datafile include deleted in favor of pkg, math include cleaned up, where possible old functionality not used anywhere but now wrapped in the math module removed. Added additional functions to math include, if I find more functions to add specifically in terms of finding the area of cone spells and other odd shaped areas I'm likely to push math stuff into it's own pkg, I like me some cone spells. More to come on this front hopefully tomorrow.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

- Moved all YesNo gumps to the new style (as seen by the skill books currently), ran into "confricts" as Al Sharpton would say, with the other gumps pkg. For this reason as well as organization, confusion, spite and a bit of loathing, I've opted to move all older gumps using the old gumps library I'll call it over to the new, not difficult but will require testing to be sure.

Note: Future reference I plan to redesign the hideous housing Gump but not until later in the future obviously. If any of you have seen my shard's housing Gump, pretty much that just with less goodies.

- Added my boats pkg in, added accounts pkg in, added security pkg, added new string sort function to strings.inc, added geometry.inc (not completed but it'll be a labor of love, I hated maths so am really not a goodly problem solver), moved jailsystem to utils folder, moved macro check folder to systems folder, added statistics pkg to utils or systems folder (can't remember off the top of my head) this was mainly for compatibility reasons, likely will prune out web and other non essential scripts that do not pertain to Pangaea.

- ensured I hope that all .asp files compile.
Maeros Gouranga

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

Thanks for all the hard work!
-everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Sit rep :
Potentially just lost at least a weeks worth of work. Awesome! Fucking Microsoft. Running a recovery tool now to hopefully get back anything lost. IF I can not recover anything from at least the last week, it is shift delete on my work done and start over.

This is a real pisser to say the least, some of the files are there in their compiled state while others are not. I have no idea what exactly is missing other than all the work I put in on the bard stuff over this weekend so right now I know if nothing else it's a wasted weekend at the least If I can't recover stuff. I'm not holding my breath and neither should you guys.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Not necessarily a Pangaea update but I'm on my last leg with my PC and this windows update issue. If this one last "fix" doesn't fix it I guess I'll move over to using my laptop exclusively unfortunately.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

- Pushed a fix for a bug reported to me about a week ago. The ability to skin then resurrect, then kill, then skin, then resurrect , rinse and repeat tamed animals. Skinning an animal should now prevent it from being resurrected.

- Changed the property denotes whether a corpse has been skinned, instead of a string value of 1 I changed it to a Boolean value 1 or 0 integer values, makes for simpler compare values.

Thanks to those who reported it.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

GM Oden wrote:- Pushed a fix for a bug reported to me about a week ago. The ability to skin then resurrect, then kill, then skin, then resurrect , rinse and repeat tamed animals. Skinning an animal should now prevent it from being resurrected.

- Changed the property denotes whether a corpse has been skinned, instead of a string value of 1 I changed it to a Boolean value 1 or 0 integer values, makes for simpler compare values.

Uhhh... preventing animals being resurrected after being cut is bad idea, if I recall correctly it used to be so that after the first time you cut it the animal won't next time give hides or food anymore when cut.
Kira

Post by Kira »

Ivan wrote:
GM Oden wrote:- Pushed a fix for a bug reported to me about a week ago. The ability to skin then resurrect, then kill, then skin, then resurrect , rinse and repeat tamed animals. Skinning an animal should now prevent it from being resurrected.

Uhhh... preventing animals being resurrected after being cut is bad idea, if I recall correctly it used to be so that after the first time you cut it the animal won't next time give hides or food anymore when cut.
True but removing the skin from an animal then bringing it back to life would cause immense pain to the animal wouldnt it :D? anyhow i get why it shouldnt be a thing :)
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Shani wrote:
Ivan wrote:

True but removing the skin from an animal then bringing it back to life would cause immense pain to the animal wouldnt it :D? anyhow i get why it shouldnt be a thing :)
Simply because you don't get flagged or anything for cutting someones dead animal, so if you happen to see a player who has a dead dragon, you can just cut it right in front of him and he can't stop you.

Also since bandages are capable of turning ghost into people, I don't think it creating some skin is not an impossibility. Same with ressurection spells.