More New Staff

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Hayabusa

More New Staff

Post by GM Hayabusa »

Hey friends! New and old!

I just wanted to say hello as I join the crew, and let you know a little bit about me and what not. Some of you may remember me, some may not, anyways, fresh start!

Reality, I live in Southern California, close to Disneyland. Haven't traveled much, but I love the outdoors, hiking, gardening, animals, cooking, eating, games and being stupid. I'm a mutt, about 14 different nationalities, can't remember them all but some are Finnish, Danish, Polish, German, Swedish, Scottish, Irish, French Canadian, Native American.... Random fact, we found in our family tree we are direct descendants of William Wallace(Braveheart). So if you're Scottish, consider me your royalty. ;-)

UOality, I've been around since before Pangaea. Back in the hay day in a land called Journey's End. My main characters were Valinn Gerenthis and Percival Dragaryon.
You member the Diaspora? Yea, you member. All my friends and I migrated over to Pangaea after the Diaspora. Most were Lioncourts, my brother and I were Wolfsbloods. We started a merchant guild by the name of The Black Market. Oh the great beginning of Pangaea. A glorious shard it was! The idea you could pick crops from the fields blew our freakin minds! We were in love and had found our new home. At one point I turned the guild over to a friend, Moria, and I had stepped up as GM Hayabusa in the past. But I really couldnt stand GMing while all my friends played. That was short lived.

Moving on from there, staff wise, I have helped with basic file work and a lot of decoration on a shard called Hope Lives, I was GM Myst. I had eventually started my own project, Avalon. That shard did pass from Admin to Admin over the years. It stayed up several years after I left. I was the founder, Admin Alucard.

Becoming a player again years ago, when interest in UO picked up again amongst our friends. My main character was Akir Amen-Jaheed, we had started The Wolf Pack, and became a hunting guild. Unfortunately the aggressiveness of an infamous guild took a toll on our patience, and we lost our desire to play. Everyone slowly stopped logging in.

I've always had a love for Ultima, no matter what game I play, be it Grand Theft Auto, Terraria, Stardew Valley. I've even played solo for awhile, but alas, none of my IRL friends play any longer. But I do have an IRL friend in GM Oden, so I have turned in my playership once again to become a GM.

What I hope to accomplish while I'm here, is meaningless decorations, sprucing things up, adding reality and life to merchant shops. I *love* in game decorating. You may start to notice random happenings around the world in different towns and places as time passes. Some will be just for fun, some will actually lead to quests, and in game RP and storyline stuff. As meaningless as a farmer's prize pig stolen by goblins before the town fair to something as meaningful as new annual events. Only time will tell. Whereas my main passion and skill lies in playing Legos while in game, building, decorating, and customizing new things. I am also fairly adept at tinkering config files. By no means am I a scripter. I can look at a script and maybe fix a typo here or there or change printed text, I just lack the programming knowledge to make big changes or create new scripts. But as some of you who have tinkered with POL know, config files are important too. So if time allows, and there is communal interest in my assistance with config files, I will surely offer it. This could be things like NPC stats and skills, NPC loot groups, treasure hunter chest loot groups, and balancing of other misc things.

I will try to be online, visible, in game as much as time allows. Timewise I am GMT -8. West Coast of United States. If my computer is on, my Skype is up and my Steam chat is up. I have ICQ but don't use it often, but I will have it loaded more now to try and be available on more platforms. I look forward to seeing the lots of you in game, on the forums, and breathing in that Pangaea love again!

Cheers!

skype = dannysiwirski@yahoo.com

steam = mrgreen14

icq = 147-656-459
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity."
-Thor Heyerdahl
Emirien

Re: More New Staff

Post by Emirien »

Avalon? Well fuck.....

Welcome and remember, players are your friends, not enemies :P

Welcome to the discord server anytime (where we talk trash of the staff and propose uprisings and other such entertainments).

-Eric
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I think I've known you for like 20 years, I was a kid when I met and with most of my friends you were first friends of my older brother(s) and I kind of latched on as a third wheel.

Glad you're on board, hoping we can get some serious work done. I am thinking soonly we'll fire up the mapper and hash out what can be done beyond what I've already done and try to push for a final product so we can push it live.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Boern

Post by Boern »

Avalon was pretty dope. Praise Talos.

It's good to see things getting more active on the staff front. Though I don't take kindly to other super hero avatars 'round here. :!:
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Hey hey!
Welcome!
Striker

Post by Striker »

welcome :) great news
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Welcome! :D

I was on avalon too. I had a Priest in Cult Of debello called Sigur.
Dista

Post by Dista »

Welcome!

I started on Avalon as a teenager - good times :)
"Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher."

- William Wordsworth