Armageddon has come!

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Armageddon has come!

Post by GM Oden »

Fear the wrath, Armageddon has come and Pangaea will be down for an hour at most.

There will be a change log I believe you can view in game view the motd system so you can read up hopefully on all the changes coming. I know so much confidence in my work that it "might be in there" :D

Blckfire is working feverishly to get this done asap so we ask for your patience and thank you for your time.

GM Oden & Blckfire
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Diam Larkei

Re: Armageddon has come!

Post by Diam Larkei »

Will there be updrages/config modifications to be done on players' end?
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

With a lot of sweat and tears I can announce that, we did it!

Please thank Oden for he has done the most work, I just made sure the server would keep running after the updates he wrote went live.
Dioner

Post by Dioner »

Good job!
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Thank you guys for your hard work!
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Great work! :D
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Submitted without going into detail here this update:

- Guards are a little hinky so I just pushed an update to fix some of the hinkiness.

Red guards will likely still sit idly by while blue guards are in vicinity as I have not dug into the AI yet to find out what the hell is going on. This was not something I had tested for on the test shard as I was only concerned with player interactions with guards as I was under the informed impression that that was what was actually wrong with the old guard package to begin with, guards were indiscriminately attacking players regardless of criminal status or not. I will look into this in the coming days, deepest apologies for the annoyance caused by this.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

GM Oden wrote:Submitted without going into detail here this update:

- Guards are a little hinky so I just pushed an update to fix some of the hinkiness.

Red guards will likely still sit idly by while blue guards are in vicinity as I have not dug into the AI yet to find out what the hell is going on. This was not something I had tested for on the test shard as I was only concerned with player interactions with guards as I was under the informed impression that that was what was actually wrong with the old guard package to begin with, guards were indiscriminately attacking players regardless of criminal status or not. I will look into this in the coming days, deepest apologies for the annoyance caused by this.
You're the last one that should apologise for anything.Thanks for all hard work Oden.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Jaskier Huntley wrote:You're the last one that should apologise for anything.Thanks for all hard work Oden.
I appreciate this but I feel bummed when I make stupid little mistakes from the time I test to submission. It is little things I forget about which sometimes can be catastrophic as we saw with December's debacle and sometimes like this run around, minor to moderately annoying for players.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Oden, stop apologizing or we'll riot! :P

You've done more than any staff in a good goddamn while bud!
If you ever pass by Iceland, the beer will be on me :D
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit