Guild colors

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vulcan
Game Master

Guild colors

Post by Vulcan »

Guild colours

Guilds can apply for a unique color. To do so, your guild must have at least 10 active members on 10 different accounts. Active members are players who put a lot of time and effort into the game. All members of your guild must show above average roleplay at all time.

The staff will decide by voting, if a guild deserves or does not deserve guild colrs. If the application is accepted, the guild master will be allowed to buy a guild color for 100.000 gold. This can only be bought from an Admin or Co-Admin.

This has been a very common request in the last years, and we're looking to start handling them. I realize the requirements might be a bit off for the actual size of the server, so I'd like to start a review on those rules.

#1: Should the 10 member apply?

#2: I feel at this point that most of Pangaea community has grown beyond the need of having babysitters. I therefore trust that guilds shouldn't have to "deserve" the colors in the GM's eyes. It's been mostly a formality for years, so I don't see a reason for keeping them in the rules.

Any suggestions?
Emirien

Re: Guild colors

Post by Emirien »

It was needed back in the day when we had like 100 members running around making a guild every other day for sure.
Nowadays? nah.. just put up a price and let people buy the colors they want.
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Keep it simple, if there is more than 5-8 active members of a guild, they get the color.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Ivan wrote:Keep it simple, if there is more than 5-8 active members of a guild, they get the color.
Nah, no need to enforce member limits. Just let whomever wants to buy a guild color buy one.
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Emirien wrote:
Ivan wrote:Keep it simple, if there is more than 5-8 active members of a guild, they get the color.
Nah, no need to enforce member limits. Just let whomever wants to buy a guild color buy one.
We're not in the business of handling individual robe colors to anyone who buys a guildstone. ;)
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Vulcan wrote:
Emirien wrote:
We're not in the business of handling individual robe colors to anyone who buys a guildstone. ;)
Yet! :D Now gimme a color! :P
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I actually agree, there should be no oversight.

Staff should not actually be involved in selling the guild colors either, but that is for another discussion somewhere else I suppose before I incite more of a riot here. :D
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

If you're open to adding a "buy guild color" option in the guildstone, I'm all for it.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

GM Oden wrote:I actually agree, there should be no oversight.

Staff should not actually be involved in selling the guild colors either, but that is for another discussion somewhere else I suppose before I incite more of a riot here. :D

*gets the torch* Wha? Before you start a riot? too late! *starts setting fire to the forums*
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Emirien wrote:
GM Oden wrote:I actually agree, there should be no oversight.

*gets the torch* Wha? Before you start a riot? too late! *starts setting fire to the forums*
*Knocks Eric out with a club and throws some water on the fire*

Sorry about that, this one got out of control.

On more serious note, there should be some sort of requirement instead of just gold for the guild color. Be it activity, RP or stories as soon as staff deems it ok to give a guild or a player the guild colour I am ok with it. As long as it's not just "Yay I made new guild so I get kewl color" but you actually earn it on some level.