Using the Wiki to keep track of history?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

MyraMidnight

Using the Wiki to keep track of history?

Post by MyraMidnight »

Does anyone have a interesting story about Pangaea that they want to keep and share? a piece of history or transcript of an event. The Pangaea Wiki is the perfect place to compile such information, it is not just for matter of fact statements and basic game guides. Order of Imperial seems to be the only thing currently on the wiki that has added for example "history and culture", it might give you ideas of what you can write about. Chronicles? If there was already some piece of history written on the original wiki, then it can still be salvaged by finding the page and viewing the source/edit the code and migrate it over to current wiki

If you can imagine yourself writing a piece of content for the wiki, then you should totally get an account on there. If you need an account, then you can contact me or Ert so we can get you sorted (we disabled account creation for the public to protect our wiki from spambots).

Adding and editing content on the wiki is very easy, and I have made a little "community portal" page that is like the central HUB for contributors on the wiki.

Mediawiki (the wiki 'program') has great version-control, so you can always compare current version of any page to previous versions, it keeps the content safe and easy to correct mistakes.

P.S: Im curious to hear what you think of the current look of the Pangaea Wiki. I am very interested in hearing any ideas for improvements if anything comes to mind.
GM Oden

Re: Using the Wiki to keep track of history?

Post by GM Oden »

Looks great and I commend and thank you for keeping this up and running for so long.

On my mobile so it looks good from the bit of poking around I did but will look more when I'm not confined to a small screen.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Emirien

Re: Using the Wiki to keep track of history?

Post by Emirien »

As one of the few that has had an account on the wiki for a while i support this 100%. Use the wiki to keep track of the history of the shard and religions and all.

I mean, its a game, yes, but it is a game that we've all (mostly) enjoyed for well over 10+ years
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit