Hekhranish..

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Hekhranish..

Post by Glarundis »

So, I'm a bit bored and frustrated, and considering the online numbers are at an all-time high, I guess I wanna mention this again, hoping the staff will start looking at these things.

So, here I was, went to kill an ancient drag with a druid.
Fully blessed, forty clothes, almost ancient skills, proper gear, and elite hekhranish bardiched, alternated with snog to put poison.
Now, it's already bad that ppl use snograz because of the whole poisoning vs dragon regen, but ok, I get it, let's admit it's a strategy thing.
But why is it that hekhranish (and in this case it was even elite hekhranish) did less dmg than snograz, not to mention, as I was told and believe, that drock and onyx will do more dmg?
Hekhranish is supposed to be the ore to hurt dragons, and I really don't see what's so hard or time consuming about "fixing" these little things that probably only need to have a number or two changed (if I'm wrong here, I apologize, but then again, I don't really think it's that hard to tweak something like that)
Or atleast remove the ore from the game so there really is no ore for dragons and we have to work with whatever else we have.

Druid with waterfall did more dmg than me with 121 swords/tactics and snog+elite hekh, with a melee char that needs to be extra careful of the lanes on ancient dragon.

On top of this, ancient dragon has legendary book, right? What is it?Legendary book of forensic identification..forty robe of archery, subs of item id. Ok not even angry there, but legendary of forensic id?It's this kind of stuff that ppl hate, and they stop playing, and say pvm is broken, etc etc etc.

Sorry for the post, but I mean..do we want to fix the game where (just one of the many areas) it has to be fixed?
GM Oden

Re: Hekhranish..

Post by GM Oden »

I'll take a look see what is going on. How does hek compare to other dragons?
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Same
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Looking at hek and the combat stuff there's nothing wrong with the check or the math in assigning additional damage.

I'll do a deeper dice tonight to see if there's other factors involved but it's adjusting raw damage before any physical resist checks so this might be the issue but won't commit nor should you to this right now, purely speculative at this point.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

The thing that looks to be is that the base damage due to damage modifiers on onyx and snoggy does more damage than the base damage + extra draggy effect of heckranish. So imo heck weapons should either have more base damage or the effect of extra draggy damage should be stronger.
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

GM Oden wrote:Looking at hek and the combat stuff there's nothing wrong with the check or the math in assigning additional damage.

I'll do a deeper dice tonight to see if there's other factors involved but it's adjusting raw damage before any physical resist checks so this might be the issue but won't commit nor should you to this right now, purely speculative at this point.
In some rare cases it does do a "deeper" dice roll then D rock or onyx, but sometimes you can do no damage, 5 , or 110 with my bardy

My Elite D rock bardy can do base 20-110, if its suppose to deal better damage then im gonna agree with glar the base damage should be equivalent to D-rock or something.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Not sure which is the best way to go, since if we boost base dmg then it becomes useful for pvp aswell, but the majority of its total damage should be the effect on the specific monster. As it is, it seems dfear's base dmg is also so good that most ppl use it for even stuff that isn't daemons. It shouldn't work like this, imo, these specific weapons shouldn't have a lot of base dmg, but should have a very good effect, that's why ppl wanna use them on that specific monster, instead of using one weapon against everything, which also is the problem with armor vs elemental system, etc etc, but that's already for another topic of things that should get really looked into.

All in all, if hekh is the ore meant to kill dragons, it should always be the first choice to kill them (with the exception of snograz to add the poison) Otherwise the ore is irrelevant and a flaw in the game design.

Imagine going to hunt daemons and you have your daemon's fear and someone says "but hey, x ore does more dmg".. then why is daemon's fear the ore to kill daemons if there's another ore that is better?...
everezt

Post by everezt »

Oden, there ain't any bugs with hek, there really isn't any point of looking for them, well unless there is some obvious combat bugs, but afaik the ore is nerfed rather than bugged and it prolly just needs to be boosted damage wise.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

From what I saw in my code analysis, I have to agree at the face value of it I don't actually see a bug, this however does not mean it is not working as intended.

As a side note I'm not particularly thrilled with how the slayer types are stored on weapons, rather inefficient in how the slayer stuff is handled.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

If the ore that is meant to be used for a certain monster is less useful than many other ores, then it should either be "fixed" or removed, specially considering it's harder to obtain than any of those other 4 ores, unless I'm mistaken about the drops