Designing the website

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

MyraMidnight

Designing the website

Post by MyraMidnight »

Figured I should make a thread to keep track of things, for those who are curious about the website design progress.
I will be using Figma to create a 'prototype' design, it's a interesting free program that has optional collaboration mode (which is very limited on free projects).

It's browser based and saves any changes made as long as it still has internet connection. Handy thing about this program when it comes to web design is the fact it can provide you with the CSS codes needed to make things look as designed to make things quicker. Main reason I like this tool is the fact that it's probably among the best available that work for windows as well as iOS.

Though I believe anyone can use the comments to point out specific things on the design pointing directly at the element in question.

The goal is to create a matching theme for each platform (the wordpress, the forum, the wiki), focusing on the forum first and using the current wordpress theme as a reference.

This will be a side project, as I am still working on finishing school based on this field, got two kids and trying not to forget too many things at once. So feel free to comment here in the thread about the design project, if it is just little things then we could see it works to use the inbuilt comment system of the Figma program. Though keep in mind that progress might happen in random jumps whenever I find time to focus on it.

If anyone finds something on the interwebs that proves to be a great inspiration for this project then please do not hesitate to share.

Current status of project:
  • View the current design (the link will most likely not change, it is basically the design file itself, not a static screenshot)
  • You can talk in the #website-stuff channel on the Discord server of Pangaea.