Update 2019-01-01

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

GM Oden

Update 2019-01-01

Post by GM Oden »

Going to be pushing an update in the coming hours, this is what it should include, I have not finished with the update yet, a little bit of work to go through:
------------------------------------------------------
Bug Fixes:
  • Harry the Handyman should now give a dagger and not an error message.
  • Name Change Deeds working, this is what the third or fourth update to these to make sure they are working so, we will see.
New Feature Update:
In my many travels around the internet, I stumbled across a well, let's say a useless but neat pkg someone put together, so I figured I would implement it here on Pangaea.
  • Certain key emotes now have associated sounds that will play with them, hopefully, albeit a minor one, but a small RP boost.
  • Key Emotes: ah, ahha, applaud, applauds, clap, claps, blows nose, burp, burps, cheer, cheers, clear throat, cough, coughs, chokes, cry, cries, fart, farts, gasp, gasps, giggle, giggles, groan, groans, growl, growls, hey, hiccup, huh, kiss, kisses, laugh, laughs, shakes head, oh, oooh, oops, throws up, scream, screams, shush, sigh, sighs, sneeze, sneezes, sniff, sniffs, snore, snores, spit, spits, whistle, whistles, yawn, yawns, nods, nods head, yell, yells
------------------------------------------------------
I changed a number of the emotes that I was not happy with but there are still a number of keywords in there I am not thrilled with so if anyone has any thoughts once this goes live and wants to suggest changes, I am all ears. The keywords I am not happy with are:
ah, ahha, hey, huh, oh, oooh, oops and shush
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
GM Oden

Re: Update 2019-01-01

Post by GM Oden »

This was pushed along with a parrying change I did not mention here but it should do two things:
- Make parrying trainable again
- Making Parrying Great Again

Parrying chance is slightly better but I've also introduced a small chance to fully block incoming damage.

The system works like this, if you succeed on parrying, an additional check is made, if it passes you completely block the inc damage, if you don't pass, then you parry as normal.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill