Anyone still play?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Athan01

Anyone still play?

Post by Athan01 »

Just wondering what the situation with the shard is? My guess is that no-one is playing..

Any other good games people have jumped to instead?

Ive been doing alot of PS4 gaming recently but even VR or playing with friends I know RL just isn't the same as what I remember pang to be. Doesnt even come close actually ive written nearly every game off in search for another Mmorp.

Ill be leaving my ICQ on if anyone wants to shoot me a message to keep me in the loop its 158807998.
Peyotey

Re: Anyone still play?

Post by Peyotey »

Been wondering the same thing.

Haven't been on for a year or two, would love to hop on and play a bit, see some familiar faces and RP.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Pang with active scripting, staff and 50+ players on around the clock would be a sight to see.
Dioner

Post by Dioner »

I'd love to!
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I tried to play now and then but found it difficult with the time I have, that and worrying about dying to lag, decaying corpses and houses- too much work for a game, it's for pros. I tried WOW and it was too n00bish. I miss the old RP (though I never did it myself), players. Simpler times

:lol:
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Demian wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:28 pm Pang with active scripting, staff and 50+ players on around the clock would be a sight to see.
u owe me 5mil
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Demian wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:28 pm Pang with active scripting, staff and 50+ players on around the clock would be a sight to see.
With the amount of games, game studios put out every year it's normal that Pangaea is on decay. There are games that offer similar experiences with way better graphics. The community still lives on via Discord mostly, I guess. Development is active. Not constant. But active...

We just moved our repository to try and make it easier to work with. Mostly and since, UO is a sandbox, a lot of the content creation is on the hands of the players. Ofc, staff can make things more spicy by changing up dungeons or creating new challenges.

We also have the problem of an aging community which, like it or not, has a big impact on how much ppl we see online and for how long.

Attracting new players?
Edward Sinclair wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:03 pm I tried to play now and then but found it difficult with the time I have, that and worrying about dying to lag, decaying corpses and houses- too much work for a game, it's for pros. I tried WOW and it was too n00bish. I miss the old RP (though I never did it myself), players. Simpler times

:lol:
I think that explains it :)

Maybe there are things we could do, like making the leveling up skills not so grindy, but, on the other hand it really felt great when you got that skill 100 or 85. Do we want to go that away?

Religions only keep the shard alive for so long...

My personal opinion, players don't need GMs to create IG content. Just bring your friends and create an adventure, then again, everything in Pangaea is well known by now, there are no challenges to adventure for (even AAA games struggle with this bit, just look at WoW, Destiny 2, Anthem?, etc.)...

Maybe after this summer there will be more we can talk about.
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

Dioner wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pmI'd love to!
Demian

Post by Demian »

Thoorin wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 am
Dioner wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pmI'd love to!
Doom?
Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

blckfire wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:12 pm Maybe there are things we could do, like making the leveling up skills not so grindy, but, on the other hand it really felt great when you got that skill 100 or 85. Do we want to go that away?
IMO how it is atm, making it easy to level up wont hurt at all because most have fully trained chars. So this could probably allow people to easily change classes and play different types of characters. I would still keep the delay on heighten gains though and eventually allow extra 3 skills to max an extra 3.0 skill.