Giants..

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Giants..

Post by Kent Strider »

lol...titans are NOT harder than water and fire giants, thats pure inexperience right there.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

don't mind him...he hunts giants with spears
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

For a mage/druid titan is harder than water giant because it hits so hard and casts mass dispel so fast, for a barbarian/bard the giant is harder due to paralyzing touch.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Titans are definitely not harder than giants. Their mana drops really, really fast, so weather the spells, and it goes down harder than trigonometry.

Don't make summons, then.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

doh doh titan makes loads more damage with spells and has more mana than fire or water giant only difference is kick it doesnt paralyze but it doesnt realy matter since you wont get hit by it anyway or atleast you dont want get hit... and umm... i dont remember that i had aorkhan spear.... i actualy used maul... and spears are more pro than you think... 40s and demon down with d fear spear... try beat that with yer crappy priest... oh right you dont have to even hit it because you will spam rites... im sorry priest aint fighter its caster nowdays...

if you wont belive go test yourself... im 99% sure that fire and water giant has less mana or mana regen than titan and spells have dmg difference aswell.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Yeah, I can fight two titans at the same time, but not two giants... Weird, no?

A titan is only "strong" because it constantly spams Por Corp Wiz, In Nox, Corp Por, and Kal Vas Flam. Fire Giant is rediculously easy, because 1) doesn't paralyse, 2) ONLY uses Kal Vas Flam, and Vas Flam. Water Giants pretty much spam paralyze.

Show of hands... Fighting Giants, how often is it a good thing that you get paralyzed when fighting Giants in single combat? Anyone? Oh come on... Someone has to think being magically paralyzed when fighting a Giant is a good thing! No? Well that's your answer, then.

Titans, don't paralyze either. The best they can come up with in Poison is Coughing Up Blood and that can be cured with 100 healing without any effort. It's Mind Blasts and Flame Strikes can be countered by staying on the move and using Greater Heal Potions.

Through 96 resist, titan does MAYBE 65 damage with flame strike, and 55 damage with mind blast, and 45 with ebolt. Fire Giant deals 75-80 with flame strike and can cast it a surprising 26 times before spamming Ort Rel that, for some reason through 96 resist takes half of my 143 units of mana.

Water spams paralyze then boots the crap outta you.

If I had a choice to solo giants or titans, I would choose titans any day because they are a lot easier to kill than a damned giant. Also helps to know what you're talking about, to, and not just using deadly poison on said spear, and running away. Repeat.

Sheesh, unbelievable.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I did NOT use summons against titan for that reason.

A grey1 kills a water giant with druid curse and has at least 50% of its hp left.

A grey1 does not kill a titan with druid curse, or with luck may be able to do it but it tends to die.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

And before you think killing Daemons is bad ass, half of the people on this shard, including myself can kill them easily without any rites. And I can do it without Aura or Veritas, so.. How's that grab ya?
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:For a mage/druid titan is harder than water giant because it hits so hard and casts mass dispel so fast
Come again?
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:I did NOT use summons against titan for that reason.

A grey1 kills a water giant with druid curse and has at least 50% of its hp left.

A grey1 does not kill a titan with druid curse, or with luck may be able to do it but it tends to die.
Titan has slight elemental damage when it hits, and it hits fast. Titan's don't have the elemental damage penalty when fighting something that uses fire. A water giant does.