About looting rules

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: About looting rules

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Houston wrote:So, i guess we could remove the "looting" between religions and add the "pk on sight WITH rp"
RP is a term covering many kinds of things - it is not talking, or hanging at brit bank trying to get contact to people, but just acting in character. Excessive talk on the battlefield is not required (and often is pretty difficult when enemy guards are swarming, coming towards you).

Excessive talking could actually even seem unrealistic in those situations, and the (spoken) roleplay would not necessarily be anything interesting, but the normal everyday religion stuff "in name of good winchester, you have to die because you worship naughty esuna".

(But well, I read all the religious stuff on the RP forums and find it sometimes even entertaining, whatta nolife I am)

In D&D the characters do not necessarily have long conversations before, during or after their battles and D&D is very RP.

And summoning guards that attack - and are meant (programmed) to attack someone is a hostile act already so the "war has started", just like summoning blade spirits next to someone would be.
Houston

Post by Houston »

That would be game mechanics.

Even guards have some roleplay skills, noticed?

"Aha! a royal skeletal dragon, you are not welcome here!"

Ofcourse, its not ment for guards to stay and talk before battling, before the blesses wear off the opposing priest(s).

And er, somewhat i understood that i dont know what roleplay means or dont know how to do it. I can prove you wrong on that one, but not much with words in OOC.
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Houston wrote:And er, somewhat i understood that i dont know what roleplay means or dont know how to do it. I can prove you wrong on that one, but not much with words in OOC.
Roleplaying is doing what the character would do, and not what you'd do. Sometimes the character decision would not be the best, but it's something he/she would do.

Talking has nothing to do with it. If your character is mute, talking is obviously out of the picture. Most of the times between 2 characters (emphasis on the characters, not people behind it) that hate each other, fighting is the obvious and probably the only choice.
Houston

Post by Houston »

See? people think i dont know whats roleplay NOR know how to roleplay.

Funny thing it is :lol:
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Heh, back then there was talk about "robberies lacking roleplay" or something... failed to understand it completely. Would it require lots of talking, or?

"This is a robbery, give me your gold and gems"

".mayday"

"Hmm, what would happen if I didn't give you my gold and gems?"

"I take them using force"

"Hmm, may you, by force, perhaps refer to physical violence?"

"Yes, indeed I do, but that can be avoided if you simply give me your gold and gems"

"Oh, like... what kinds of gems? Name all kinds of gems you would like to have? And how much gold you need?"

"All gems"

"Ohh please explain what do you mean by gems... I don't understand your language completely, I come from jungles of Trinsic"

"Amber, ruby, citrine, tourmaline, amethyst, sapphire, star sapphire, diamond, emerald"

"What do ambers look like?"

"They are like yellowish small stones"

"Ohh, please, at least let my keep this one yellow stone I got from my grandma, no one will pay you much for it but you understand, it has a high value for me personally... *tears flowing from his eye*"

Houston

Post by Houston »

Robbers of nowadays have a very short temper of waiting for their desired "items"

Thats why the robbery system on pangaea is spoiled/ruined.

They loging, do some fast robbing and logout.

Voila.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Which robbers do that these days? As far as I know my group is the only group.
Houston

Post by Houston »

I cant really say NoX was far too long ago? was it?

For uhm, robbers i had some ideas but i think they got turned down OR they didnt had a scripter in that time.

I could repeat some ideas of robbers.

EDIT; As for a matter of fact, if the robbing looting rules are changed, then i dont see a problem to script anything much more.
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

I didn't say you didn't know how to roleplay. You said you were uncertain based on other facts and I gave you an example. Whether you fit in it or not, only you alone can tell.
Whitewolf

Post by Whitewolf »

when my robber guild was up it was more like this.

HALT!

(guy keeps running)

Insta

*looting*

or like this

Halt,

Hi,

Give us your armor or die!,

.mayday, Umm?

you have 5 seconds,

ok ok

(law comes)