About shard news.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

About shard news.

Post by Quintoz »

1. robbers need to be aproved by the staff and is only allowed to take money and gems.

2. Closing down Tekstone, and moving the members, that wish it and plays to any of the others religions.

I don't like the robber idea, I think they should be able to loot everything on kill, that way poeple will acculy play a robber.

By closing down Tekstone, Don't you stop almost all religion fights? or your hoping that the fact that HP's can change the way their religion is going will fix that perhaps make nature and law fight and such?.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Re: About shard news.

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

I agree with the robber thing only looting gems and gold, why? Because one you have robbers who sit and camp or constantly goto the same dungeons to kill the same people over and over getting all there armor either they just bought or have.

Kinda disagree with closing down Tekstone maybe leaving another religion dormid for the time being. Closing town tekstone as Quintoz said would take away from Rp from religions such as wars, and what have you. keep some religions in the back burner for now but keep Tekstone and Law open.
But i have some ideas about religions if you would like to hear me out, and I have some ideas about smiths!
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well in all honestly I think Law just became null and void. Imperial doesn't mess around in Brit very much and robbers is the only thing they were chasing, with the new robber rules that means there will most likely be no robbers meaning Law will do what now? And poor tekstone, well I am sure Darian would like to put his 80 piety towards a law tome..hehe
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Deodar, that also puts some presure on the players to fight back / find new places to train and hunt.
Also it gives them abit danger, they have to worry and watched their 6 when they hunt, I like that part, you can't just get 20 lizards and go make a cuppa then come back loot and repeat. Also I love the part off this game that you CAN dryloot and you WILL be drylooted sooner or later depending on how cocky you are.

Troy

Post by Troy »

You all should realize that there is more to being a robber than just looting and getting things free and easy. Robbers are fun for roleplay and it can be quite entertaining to have little fights with laws or otehr good guilds. Plus just killing someone way out at a dungeon cna pose a problem to people and be annoying enough.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Well no offence here Troy, but if you can't handle losing your stuff and gold cupple off times, you shoulden't really play.

I mean, after all this is a game, and I hope everybody is mature enough to take a death and such, I mean sure you can curse and hit stuff in your home but still take it like a man / women.

Also fighting law is almost never fun, it allways end in death.

Troy

Post by Troy »

I remember when I first came to the shard that there were guilds Servants of Death, Nox, Cabal of the Night that gave law a huge run for their money and with manhunts and roleplay was great. I agree people should be able to lose their equipment but right we have a low playerbase and some of them are brand new players. Everyone is restarting so right now I think it would be best to not give them a bad idea, maybe once we start to pick up the playerbase and more people start coming we will change it back to looting a few items or something. Our main goal is to make a fun environment for everyone to roleplay in. I understand where you are coming from though.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I see your point indeed, but I've learned my lesson as a robber atleast, I don't pick on players with bad gear and low virtue rank for that reason, It's sad to see poeple leave.

Also I wish I had played more when Nox and thoose guy were around, they were badass.

Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Maybe both the robbers and the anti-robbers could be neuterized:
- looting only gold and gems
- no Wronging
- no Stoning

This could ideally lead to regular PvP with no hard feelings after.

No robber chose that playstyle for money anyway - you'll make more money shoveling sand in Magincia.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

True, I only played robber for PvP and the adrenaline :D