About shard news.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Re: About shard news.

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Geryn Farodae wrote:And Darian, how does that make it any different?
Because if you're only allowed to loot what you originally asked, then the victim will always either run, fight or both. After all, why should the victim play a long when if killed he will only lose the items the robbers firstly asked? However, if there's the option of complying and only losing some gear, possibly running and fighting and losing all gear the victim is much more likely to comply with the robber.

Say there's a group of robbers around you, you have stuff in your backpack worth millions and they only ask you for the armour and clothes you're wearing. You can now suffer and give them what they asked, lose millions - but on the other hand spare the millions in your backpack - or run or fight and lose all. With your idea the victim would never just give the items if he knows the robbers aren't allowed to loot the millions in his backpack even if he chose to run or fight.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Say there's a group of robbers around you, you have stuff in your backpack worth millions and they only ask you for the armour and clothes you're wearing. You can now suffer and give them what they asked, lose millions - but on the other hand spare the millions in your backpack - or run or fight and lose all. With your idea the victim would never just give the items if he knows the robbers aren't allowed to loot the millions in his backpack even if he chose to run or fight.
Geryn Farodae wrote:And Darian, how does that make it any different?
Because if you're only allowed to loot what you originally asked, then the victim will always either run, fight or both. After all, why should the victim play a long when if killed he will only lose the items the robbers firstly asked? However, if there's the option of complying and only losing some gear, possibly running and fighting and losing all gear the victim is much more likely to comply with the robber.

And that the reason for only allowing robbers too loot gold and gems.
Too many times the robbers have done nothing but going the totaly wrong way , but that normal if you play the robber you dont want to lose either.
What robbers are famours for on the server is a robbing spree where it takes over hand , robbering every day and totaly taking it out of hand , and if something happens they run to log out.
no matter what this is what allways happens.
The way only yo be allowed to rob if you are aproved by the staff and only allowed to rob the gold and gems , is our way to make sure the player playing the robber, dont forget why he wanted to be a robber that because of the roleplay and not for the items , because we all know player loot is the best thing.
This rules is made to insure the victem still has a chance to go out and hunt some more , because kind of hard to get money , when you have no gear or know that everytime you go out you get killed.
We are doing thise things to insure that there is no work for us the staff , yes call us lazy but historie tells it own storie.
Many see it as a big problem that other have some cool cloth or armour , the staff dont see it as a problem that everyone runs in the best gear, because those needs fixing or they will break making the world going round and keeping all working.
i totaly understand that many finds the rule funky and lame , but fix thise problems then we have no problem changing the rules.

Alteran
Raven Darkblade

Post by Raven Darkblade »

Well you could make it not possible to log out for a robber 30 min after his reported... or 1 hour for that matter, and maybe make the manhunt work automatically for that 1 hour or till his dead.

Anyway magic cloths dont need fixing except the robeslot...so basically they are never ending story...

atm merchant repairs mostly for free as a service, but tbh with no lootingrules I can see BS/bowyeer and tailor pretty much outta the market within 6 months.
Yeah we could charge for repairing, but seriously charge for 2 bones or two ingots...

The two only merchants I see winning in this rule in the end is tamer and alchemist. AS everyone will be filthy rich and can afford dragons and potions has and will allways be needed, no matter if pvp or pvm is a way of playing.

So imo I sincerely hope you can make up something better than this (I mean robbers that dont rob is a joke. Im just wondering if it goes both ways...say if the robber dies, can you only loot his gems/gold?)
I totally understand if someone has a personally oppionion about this, but still thats the individual person, and well tbh I believe at least a poll would have been in place before making as importain descission as this...
It is allmost same as when seraph and co all the sudden wrote btw we closing down pang and making another server... and we choose no reason to make poll of it, because we (3 persons outta 35+-) think its the best...
I just think we shouldent forget we all are a part of pangaea, and our voice is same as a gm in such matter that effect the whole servers playerbase, but then again I might be wrong, and if so I rest my case.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Raven Darkblade wrote: (I mean robbers that dont rob is a joke. Im just wondering if it goes both ways...say if the robber dies, can you only loot his gems/gold?)
Is this the way it will happen? If so then its all good I guess.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Kent Strider wrote:
Raven Darkblade wrote: (I mean robbers that dont rob is a joke. Im just wondering if it goes both ways...say if the robber dies, can you only loot his gems/gold?)
Is this the way it will happen? If so then its all good I guess.
Yea I second that. Would balance the robbing a bunch.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

but whats the point in only looting gems and gold? -__-
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Not totaly ruin the other players game and, then you have some that are roleplaying a robber.

Alteran
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Alteran wrote:Not totaly ruin the other players game and, then you have some that are roleplaying a robber.

Alteran
And soon it goes that religious fights can only loot gems and money... and after that you have everyone running around in indys and d'skulls. That + for some reason pretty much everyone seems to have 50 piety now makes them all invincible.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

you might be that good darian, but i seen more then one 50 piety priest dead .

Alteran
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Alteran wrote:Not totaly ruin the other players game and, then you have some that are roleplaying a robber.

Alteran
so you never answered the question, can robbers only be looted of gems and gold as well? and what if law comes and gets us, do we get full looted or only gems and gold?