About shard news.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

volc

Re: About shard news.

Post by volc »

I understand it can get boring to GM a shard with 10 online players. Honestly I don't like GM+player thing, but you say you'll do it, so I guess I'll have to live with occasional doubts that you abuse it. More importantly, you'll have to live with those doubts coming from us once in a while. No offense, just that humans are tempted, and humans are suspicious.

On the other hand, I will get openly criticizing if we don't get any quests or RP events while you spend a lot of time on your chars.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I really don't think anyone will be abusing the fact they know where all the mining spawn points are and stuff like that.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

As far as the "no wronging" thing goes, the only thing that sends reds to wrong is city spawned guards. Unless you're talking about Salvations.

I do have an idea for this, however. Perhaps it would be possible to make it so that IF you wanna kill/rob someone, you're auto-turned red for like - 15-30 minutes. Auto man hunt where everyone knows where you are. Would be exciting for the robber, and the pursuers. I dunno.

Stoning, yes... I agree with that, I have seen sooo many people abusing it. Beauty part of it is, unless you're stupid you get stoned. If someone is just casting the rite, you can't run from the rite, and it's a safe bet to say the caster isn't casting to see the pretty words above their heads, so simply run to the caster. Sure, you die, but atleast you're not stoned anymore, right? Unless of coarse, you're a part of that VERY rare minority who gets para'd first. Or are stupid enough to show as a ghost to get Targeted.

Lastly: As far as the GM's and Admins keeping their accounts - let them. If they're abusing, it'll be blatantly obvious. If you don't like the fact they're playing too, then by all means, wait till Pan2 opens. Besides, it's a proven fact that Staff can abuse their priveliges even without player accounts. Big deal. The only negative part I see in having staff with accounts, is constant whining.

Most of the proposed changes seem to be temporary to me, anyway and will likely be revised/removed after the shard's populus increases.

*Shrugs* I'm gonna enjoy the game as it is, and accept the challenges that will undoubtedly come from the changes.

~Geryn Farodae~
~Head Priest~
~Order Of Law~
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Acculy you get stoned even if you die, they fixed that bug.

But you do have another option, kill the caster.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Troy

Post by Troy »

Dont worry there will still be plenty of quests for you all to enjoy :)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

When will Nature ally with Imperial and move against Law!? WHEN I ASK YOU!?.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Acculy you get stoned even if you die, they fixed that bug.
Ofcorese the stoning of robbers will not be allowed , the wrong thing is only if it city guards and , then you know you been too close to the town , so i see that as a lessen , and the player should still have a place to hide from the robber.

Now to the religions.
the 3 Hps is getting a forum only they can acess and staff ofcorse , and there they will have many new jobs.
1, of the jobs will be if 2 religions fight and there is a despute the Hps need to try and fix it first with out the gms intrfeer, if they cant then they hand over the case to us.
2. the hp will when we find the scribt, be able to give it members 40 in piety , ofcorse if every member has 40 in piety with in 4 mounth we might lower the hp piety a few mounth , so we are giving the power back to the hps.
3. the Hps need to sit down and find out how the rules should be for the religions, this meens that they can all be neutral with each other but the hps, can deside if they wanna go to war with each others.
This will be something totaly new, i only see that law should protect the towns they have and imperial should protect the towns they have, and ofcorse if imp and law are neutral they can walk in the cityes (with out there colours on).
I see this as if a danish policeman visite sweden , then they would not have there policeman uniform on unless they are invited by the sweden police.

(We are looking into the guildstone as this is talked about).
If players would want to pvp then i think they should join a guild and make wars on others guilds , the 2 guild leaders ofcorse have to set some rules for the fighting and if trouble in the fight happens they would try and solve it first, if they cant then pass it on to a gm , remember you can allways leave the guild and the rules of the 2 guild leaders dosent aply for you any more.

By doing thise things i think players would have more fun since they are them self in the mix of making the rules for there fights , and not bound by something they might not belive in .

Alteran
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Did any forget this ?.

Alteran
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I don't think anyone forgot it, just don't see a reason to keep going on about it. I have come to the realization that I can wear what I want while I hunt now without worrying about getting robbed. Yay !
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

so we should go ahead an implant it and change the rules.

Alteran