Blues, the bloody blues

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Blues, the bloody blues

Post by Kent Strider »

lol..Who is being a crybaby? How gay would it be for you to spend 10 mins trying to kill Geryn then finally succeed to have a some noob start looting his gear, gay huh?
Ovinnik

Post by Ovinnik »

Why even questions about confiteor, ofcourse we can use confiteor, but it has to be RPed. Law is like police officers, if you don't comply you go to 'jail', except that here you give an exemplary punishment; allways been like that. Confiteor is not even that bad. If the offenses continue or are a level higher then banishment can be applied aswell, just need to RP it and give a chance to the offender to understand what are you doing and give him time (and a chance) to comply with the officer's requests. This rites are there to enforce order and law in the cities because words alone can be easily ignored most of the time.

You can try this also in real life... find a police officer and go take his hat from his head and wait to see what happens. Make sure to film all the happening though, so we can have a nice laugh here too :D (my bet is he'll use solitude on you in the first 2 seconds lol)

For supermajor offences there was the stonning rite, which is the highest punishment rite - it is not in use now, as it is too harsh for such a small player base and there are no really such offenses either - but is there for a reason. If there was a robber killing everything that moves, drylooting and doing a 24/7 mess in general people would start crying to ban that person, specially if it goes on for months; banning is wrong and unfair imo, while stoning is a much more appropriate punishment in such situations. Even then the person has to get an advanced noticed, that he's gonna get a stone temple just for himself if he doesn't comply to atleast some of the requests. (But yes, not allowed to use stoning atm, and as I said, there isn't really any such offense that would require it). Also stoning is not there to be used when fighting wars.

For a better image about what I'm saying I'd try to make a table:
- 1 offence point is the number of times a Law or other religion member gives you a order/request (or a single request stating how many times you 'broke' the law in his eyes in that occasion)

small offenses
2-5 per event
| confiteor
medium offenses
5-8 per event
| confiteor or death by fight (malee/rites)
8-15 per event
| banishment or all previous
15-30 per event Or in the whole day
| banishment
major offenses
50+ per day and repetitive for at least 2 weeks
| stoning or any of the previous ones, and no stoning in wars, not allowed use if not agreed by all religion members (not in practice at the moment anyway)

...just to give an idea about this.

Regards
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

In my opinion Jon Icewind did the right thing, and as Alteran said, you shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the corpse. Also, just so that you know, the rules have always encircled Blues in time of war, meaning if you're caught helping by looting corpses, according to the rules, you can be killed without RP. BUT, as we are trying to elevate ourselves to give chances, instead of show up at someone's altar, pwn a newbie and RP it later as a "sneak attack," Confiiteor should be RP'd.

Next time, take the opportunity to RP where you consider there to be none. If I were to see someone helping Imperial, I would paralyze, confiteor, then time Banishment to finish just as the guards are finished ripping the poor bugger apart, then Imperial could gather his stuff, and return it to his ghost if he somehow manages to get off the island.

Order of Law knows to have their SnapShot programs up almost all the time to SS UnRP attacks, corpse camping, and the likes. And if you saw how many SS's I currently have showing enemy Un-RP attacks... Hopefully you'd be as surprised as me.

The rules were clearly written, and have been posted for a long time. Unfortunately, ignorance is no excuse saying "Well i didna knows!" with your finger wedged into your nose simply doesn't qualify. The onus is on the player to know the rules. Don't whine when you get owned by them.
Last edited by Geryn Farodae on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ovinnik

Post by Ovinnik »

Geryn Farodae wrote:Order of Law knows to have their SnapShot programs up almost all the time to SS UnRP attacks, corpse camping, and the likes. And if you saw how many SS's I currently have showing enemy Un-RP attacks... Hopefully you'd be as surprised as me.
:D Yep same here, could make comic books out of all the screenshots i produce hehe
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Kent Strider wrote:lol..Who is being a crybaby? How gay would it be for you to spend 10 mins trying to kill Geryn then finally succeed to have a some noob start looting his gear, gay huh?
I added *joke* WTF!?
ALTY YOU SAID POEPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND IF I DID THAT!.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Still, Kent made a point. That's what would've happened if I havent had Ivan and Eldaric back there to keep me busy.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gorath, since Law and TTB are allied, that's between you and them, they also have the same looting rules as us.
Perhaps you should adress Geryn with your concern there.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

cant realy understand what do ya mean Quint...
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

On Pangaea1 before it was so that only those guilds who are in war with Law can be turned red. If the player is without allegiance, he can't be turned red by GM's but it's an ingame issue to be solved between the players.
Players could be turned red for plaguing a town for example though.

Don't know if things have changed.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Only unallowed looting by TTB there was me looting Dona's obsy steed (she got confiteored because of standing near imp corpses, suspected of looting them AFAIK, but later proven innocent of actually doing anything), and I attacked the grey steed. Unluckily the steed got broken there, so we just agreed I simply pay 30k - some gold to get a shiny brand new one plus some extra for the trouble of all the hassle + I get the broken one for myself; problem solved, between players and no need for GM/HP intervention. I suppose/hope.