Myths about game mechanics

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Geryn Farodae

Re: Myths about game mechanics

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote: - There is no way to protect you from religion paralyze except quaffing a poison potion
Wrong. Been tested, test failed 9/10 times. Worked once every 21 casts. NOT effective.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Hmm, I wonder if piety affects that. Or with magic users, Eval int.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

We tested the para potions with Kent, works the first paralyze but you have to drink one for each paralyze.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

It's mostly due to the fact that Religion Paralyze is not magic based. Y'all know about Agapite's supposed anti-paralyze feature that doesn't work? If it is as Kent described, then it is highly ineffective, not to mention rediculously expensive to be of any use.

Poison works wonders. Even a lesser explosion pot works great. Immensely cheaper, too
Valentino

Post by Valentino »

Kent Strider wrote:We tested the para potions with Kent, works the first paralyze but you have to drink one for each paralyze.
I thought that was obvious? I wondered why I was confused with what people were saying earlier in the thread, but hasn't it always only worked as a single charge? But as Geryn says, poison is probably the cheapest way.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Geryn Farodae wrote:It's mostly due to the fact that Religion Paralyze is not magic based. Y'all know about Agapite's supposed anti-paralyze feature that doesn't work? If it is as Kent described, then it is highly ineffective, not to mention rediculously expensive to be of any use.

Poison works wonders. Even a lesser explosion pot works great. Immensely cheaper, too
Yes merchants and priests probably dont have problem with it but baba loses one or two heal from each poison so its not realy that nice... Thats why i rather drink protect para pot when i see enemy making paralyze rite or spell.
volc

Post by volc »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:- Fire heals (non-frost) drakes
Status: false, fire elementals (or fire based dragons) are a great way to kill a drake. Kal Vas Flam would also kill them.
For drakes and phoenixes, I can't tell for sure. With some others (imps, nightmares, fire gargoyles, fire ellies (yes indeed)) the myth is true. Works both on wild and tamed creatures, just not every type of fire and not every single time.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Ivan wrote:Yes merchants and priests probably dont have problem with it but baba loses one or two heal from each poison so its not realy that nice...
Lesser poison does some 5 damage
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Ivan wrote:Yes merchants and priests probably dont have problem with it but baba loses one or two heal from each poison so its not realy that nice...
Lesser poison does some 5 damage
Yes but losing 40x2 healings from healing skill is a bit worse... If you use it as baba you has to run a while before you can go back but if you use protection paralyze potion you can use the time which you should use for running as an advantage to kill the priest casting it. Might make critical change to fight... with arhcer you could take even more advantage out of it because weapon speed difference. And archers one bad side is quick weapons its very hard to pvp with it since you have to be all of time next to enemy which got slower weapon(nearly impossible if you cant see future).
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Geryn Farodae wrote:Y'all know about Agapite's supposed anti-paralyze feature that doesn't work?
Troll bone, grey dragon hide also have this effect. They protect against atrintium and banana weapons as far as I know, but not mage, priest or giant paralyze.

And here I got to add:

Myth: Valorite protects against vampire's health drain attack.
Status: False, valorite protects against wraith's bone / apple weapons but not vampires