Shard is down

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Shalinn

Re: Shard is down

Post by Shalinn »

blckfire wrote:
everezt wrote:So why there is not a timeout fail-safe on login? Granted, it's not supposed to happen in first place, but then again it's better this way.
Handling of connections is done on by the pol.exe so there's nothing I can do to on the side of the server.

Only thing we can do is make sure everybody is using the files provided so we don't run into more issues.
Also having frequent schedules for server restarts ? I dont think that it hurts the server to restart it once in a while
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

As for regular shard restarts, I'm a fan, as with anything software related, you need to do a clean restart, I'd recommend biweekly.

As for third party programs, I can almost assure you 100% that it is not easyuo, easyuo if there's a script that spams the server that might and I use might for miniscule, have a chance to disrupt server issues.

Client modification might be the real issue whether through Razor or another launcher or client encryption stripper utility, though I'd put my finger on a launcher. I will say this, any uo install files I offer up are of the 5.0.9.1 client, the most up to date we can run on Pangaea and I've been running these installs since the Ares admin and probably who ever was just before him, you cannot connect with any newer clients which sucks but if anyone used the zip I offer for download, nothing to fear it works without any abnormal issues.

And, just to point it out, just another reason to move to 099, it's in development and if this could be fixed it might be.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say as for "hacked clients", I'm doubtful anyone but a select one *whistles an innocent tune* even has access to one and that person to whom I'm referring to has only logged in with it once or twice like 6 months or more ago. It does not behave well with his other favorite tool, easyuo.

To summarize, I suspect this issue is done with a launcher tool such as razor, razor specifically has according to past admins a track record of not playing nice with pol servers.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Seems like everyone got kicked out of the shard for no reason and cannot connect back. Any clue why this is happening?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ivan wrote:Seems like everyone got kicked out of the shard for no reason and cannot connect back. Any clue why this is happening?
Seems like autorestart kicked in.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

So whats with this god damn lag ?
Demian

Post by Demian »

Shalinn wrote:So whats with this god damn lag ?
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Getting constant disconnections for a whole day now... is a restart possible?
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

same here, disconects and rly bad lag spikes :<
Malron

Post by Malron »

Yeah, disconnecting steadily for most
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

This lag is getting on my nerves, is this supposed to be playable?