Glarundis

Re: Shard is down

Post by Glarundis »

:cry:
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

So, I got some good and really bad news....

Good news is that I have some updates that I received from Oden to patch somethings and add some goodies.

Bad news is that while I was trying to apply those changes I ended up deleting all the shard's data and it's backups from the last 3 years...

Using some tools to recover the data, so far, the best I have is a backup from 12/10/2017. But I'll keep on digging.

I'll keep you updated.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

does that mean december 10th or october 12th? :S
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

I believe it means October.

Could be wrong, but assume the worst hope for the best so it's not as big a blow if your assumed worst occurs.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Bob Fontan

Post by Bob Fontan »

any idea what the damage is or when the server will be back up? had just logged the other day to pay house taxes and to see if religion was up. figure the christmas stuff should be dropping on the chars soon as well?
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

Not sure last I talked to blckfire is he was running a recovery program to try to get what was lost back.

Christmas stuff should be dropping shortly when the shard comes back up and should assuming my holidays pkg works as it did in testing, should start on the 16th or 17th.

This will hopefully be the normal start date for Christmas in the future. There's some manual work I need to do once the shard comes up but in the future I want to get decor and other holiday triggered events to be automated.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
everezt

Post by everezt »

Well.. More time passes less chance to get anything good out of recovery... unless he's just trying out the recovered save files that if they work or not.

Otherwise it's just lost cause, you can't get more out of it by trying it over and over again :D more files are going to get overwritten by every second passed.

Just kinda wanna login and see the damage and then consider if it's worth it or not :D
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Lucky for us the server runs on a data drive. So, almost nothing is written or re-writen in there.

Btw, I'm running a deep scan. So, this will probably take the whole night (GMT+1).

Worst case scenario we'll be back to early October.
everezt

Post by everezt »

Im hoping for a newer version but damn, october... that would delete a whole char of mine which by now is almost heighten, that would really suck ballz