You know when you have played too much UO when...

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Percy

Re: You know when you have played too much UO when...

Post by Percy »

When you see this motivational poster at work and think Pangaea and Heighten, not my job and moving up the career ladder!

True story.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Percy wrote:When you see this motivational poster at work and think Pangaea and Heighten, not my job and moving up the career ladder!

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg5 ... /image.jpg

True story.
I'm proud of you young padawan.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

You know when you have played too much UO when...

You start conducting rigorous experiments IG comparable to those that scientists do IRL :\
I mean seriously, large sample sizes of over 100, further statistical analysis, control groups, writing the report in the form of a peer reviewed articles, etc. I mean WTF has happened to me, I need to go out more often :o

And no, you ain't getting copies of my research unless you pay a subscription fee- blacksmiths only.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Edward Sinclair wrote:You know when you have played too much UO when...

You start conducting rigorous experiments IG comparable to those that scientists do IRL :\
I mean seriously, large sample sizes of over 100, further statistical analysis, control groups, writing the report in the form of a peer reviewed articles, etc. I mean WTF has happened to me, I need to go out more often :o

And no, you ain't getting copies of my research unless you pay a subscription fee- blacksmiths only.
I do that with alchemy.

I don't think it's obsessive as much as the game not providing any good info to begin with. Other games tend to tell you your crit chance, success rate or whatever you're testing.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Mike wrote:

I do that with alchemy.

I don't think it's obsessive as much as the game not providing any good info to begin with. Other games tend to tell you your crit chance, success rate or whatever you're testing.
Very true that there aint any misleading AR information and usualy dps is show straight to player in newer games... Never had so much trouble understand a game as i've had with understanding how pangaea/ultima damage system worked.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Ivan wrote:
Mike wrote:

I do that with alchemy.

Very true that there aint any misleading AR information and usualy dps is show straight to player in newer games... Never had so much trouble understand a game as i've had with understanding how pangaea/ultima damage system worked.
Perhaps that's one of the reasons you're still here? :) If you know all the secrets and info of the game in the beginning it gets boring more quickly.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Monad wrote: Perhaps that's one of the reasons you're still here? :) If you know all the secrets and info of the game in the beginning it gets boring more quickly.
To some extent that is true.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

in those recent games you know what's the best weapon. when you hover your mouse over it it will say the durability in x/x format, the dmg per hit, swinging time, percentage to make special effect, etc etc. hehe
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:in those recent games you know what's the best weapon. when you hover your mouse over it it will say the durability in x/x format, the dmg per hit, swinging time, percentage to make special effect, etc etc. hehe
In ultima 90% of time i check the durability by using the weapon, i calculate average dmg/min usualy myself. I count seconds for my next hit myself.

One of the most interesting points is that coming this far (training chars) takes time and you'll get to see the sad truth how useless it was to train so hard... Its not that way with all of the characters, but atleast with some those without piety. Still i try manage and havent give up yet on trying.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

You know you have played too much UO when your boss comes into your classroom asking your count (of children) and all you think is "Oh crap MACRO CHECK!"