The Hobbit - part 1

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

The Hobbit - part 1

Post by Glarundis »

so
what did you guys think about it, what did you like/didn't and why?
Bipina Huntley

Re: The Hobbit - part 1

Post by Bipina Huntley »

I liked it but, first 1,5 hour was quite boring. Last hour was realy nice. But i was disapointed that they splited it on 3 parts. I didnt know it until i saw it in cinema.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

oh i should've mentioned. if you haven't seen it and want to, don't read these comments yet hehe

yeah. i heard they're going to make part 1 and 2 related to the books, and part 3 will be some sort of link between the hobbit and lotr.

i didn't like that they changed so many things in ways that weren't like that in the book. i didn't dislike the part about introducing a bit of radagast (although his sled is sort of stupid xD) and sauron in a sort of attempt to make connections to lotr's main story, even though none of that appears in the book. i'm not sure even azog and the whole "jabba the hutt" goblin king and his cave appears, but it's been a few years since i read the book so i can't be sure

story aside, i liked the movie. the first part was bit boring yeah, i thought it wouldn't be nowhere near as epic, but they made some battles and exciting stuff (although, very much unlike the book (battles fit lotr more than the hobbit))
and the whole new resolution thing or the 48fps or whatever it was they're introducing, makes some parts seem a bit strange. some of it looks like video games or unrealistic
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

i cant compare book and movie as i havent read it :)
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

I saw it in Dbox last night, it was really awesome. I think that is was really aimed for the kiddos, which is alright. At least it was funny. I loved the beginning it really was a nice start to the movie. Also the characters were portrayed perfectly in the movie. It was amazing. :]
- Pigeon nest located at 242-025-016 -
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

first book i ever read (even if it was the illustrated version) but hesitant to go and see it, 3 hr movie for the first third of the book... i can only envisage a dissapointing money grabbing exercise :(
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

akk, they added some material from appendixes and stuff like that to connect with lotr and stuff, so it's actually more than just what you see on the book
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I think it was awesome, havent read the book tho.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Went to see yesterday. Was great!

Who cares about the book and what was expected and stuff.. It's a fantasy movie and it takes us on a travel! I loved it!
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

If all parts make the one story then ill be waiting for them to be released on dvd