The Hobbit - part 1

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Dalton

Re: The Hobbit - part 1

Post by Dalton »

The movie was great, but what's with all the singing?!
Seriously at one point I was wondering if I was watching a freaking musical! WTH!

And Glar, damn you, next time add a "[spoiler]" tag in the thread topic :P
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

hehe fair enough :P
Biao

Post by Biao »

movie is just great. the soundtracks are amazing
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

the soundtracks disappointed me tbh.most of it are just different orchestrations of previous themes from lotr. fair enough, when it applies on similar things like, hobbit theme for hobbits, etc etc.
but WHY THE FUCK did they use the theme when the nazgul are on weathertop and stab frodo with a morgul blade (in lotr) and put it on the fight between azog and thorin (which btw doesn't happen in the book lol), it was the most annoying choice ever
"fuck the story, fuck common sense, let's just make a battle scene and use an epic music bit from our previous movies because we want epic scene even if it means two stupid, illogical choices"
i know for most people that just want to see special effects and shit they don't care about that, they just wanna see cool battles and stuff, but really, it was so annoying as a fan

what did they do in lotr3 with rohan and the pelennor fields?they put the ROHAN THEME! (as it should be...)
Cycanin

Post by Cycanin »

Glarundis wrote:oh i should've mentioned. if you haven't seen it and want to, don't read these comments yet hehe

yeah. i heard they're going to make part 1 and 2 related to the books, and part 3 will be some sort of link between the hobbit and lotr.

i didn't like that they changed so many things in ways that weren't like that in the book. i didn't dislike the part about introducing a bit of radagast (although his sled is sort of stupid xD) and sauron in a sort of attempt to make connections to lotr's main story, even though none of that appears in the book. i'm not sure even azog and the whole "jabba the hutt" goblin king and his cave appears, but it's been a few years since i read the book so i can't be sure

story aside, i liked the movie. the first part was bit boring yeah, i thought it wouldn't be nowhere near as epic, but they made some battles and exciting stuff (although, very much unlike the book (battles fit lotr more than the hobbit))
and the whole new resolution thing or the 48fps or whatever it was they're introducing, makes some parts seem a bit strange. some of it looks like video games or unrealistic
The movie was better than i anticipated but worse than i hoped for. The "comic" Radagast were a bit annoying. Watching this movie actually made me re-read all 5 books.

warning-minor spoilers ahead!

The necromancer-Sauron connection was made in one of the lotr books, Saruman was trying to cover it up. Neither "the hobbit" nor any of the lotr books explain how the necromancer was defeated, he gets killed "off-screen" so I think it's safe to presume that some, if not all of movie #3 will be about the necromancer. It will also involve one of the rings of power, etc. I dont want to get into too much detail.

azog is dead in the hobbit, his son leads his armies, but its a minor change, cant complain here. The goblin king is there but i cant remember if he was described as a giant blob.
168-515-186
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

ah so your memory is fresh hehe :D
oh well, i wonder what they'll do for movie 3 then
i'm sad that tolkien couldn't finish all the stuff and even though his son did a fine job by putting together some stuff, the "tales of numenor and unfinished stories of middle earth" or whatever the name is has many parts that i didn't felt they are quite satisfactory, i still had so many questions about this and that and whatnot...but oh well...it would have to end at some point, the man couldn't have lived forever :D
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

It was a good movie and all...But forgettable.