2013 holidays?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Athan01

2013 holidays?

Post by Athan01 »

Just being nosey what has anyone got booked or planned for the year?
Perhaps planning to make a change and go somewhere you've always wanted to go and haven't deemed worthy of giving up gaming for a week?

I have about 5 rough ideas as to where to go this year:
tenerife for 5(+-2) days crashing at my mates place who stayed out there from last year

ibiza - want to go for 3 weeks to get away from home, will probably go in summer depending on cash and other variables

october-fest for a few days then to travel on the trains up through europe with a few mates for the rest of the week trying to remain as drunk as possible for the duration of the journey

scotland/glasgow for a weekend skiing with archan/glenn grey if anyone remembers him

if I managed to end up seeing a certain girl would be nice to take her skiing or on a sunny holiday for a week

Out of all those I want to do atleast 2, but what about everyone else - bound to be going somewhere exciting
aldath c'om

Re: 2013 holidays?

Post by aldath c'om »

planning to go by plane to bremen and then by car to netherlands and spening about 4-5 days pretty much wasted. probably on april-may, depends on flight prices
291-697-526
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

you have too much money on your hands, always traveling around :P

we can't afford that shit here in portugal

i'm going to paris for 5 days. why?because my parents are going too and paying for it, otherwise, no money! yeah that's the portuguese way!
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Winter outting end of year. 2014 I'm 90% going to Brazil for World Cup.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

At the end of the March I'm going to Amsterdam just for an extended weekend thursday-sunday with few friends of mine.

On summer vacation (4 weeks on July) I'm planning an Europe trip something like this:

First I take a bus from Turku to Helsinki airport and from Helsinki a flight to London.
I probably stay only one night in London depending on the flight schedule, and the next day I'll take a train from London to Scotland, Edinburg.
In Scotland I plan to go to trekking to the Highlands, see the actual Skara Brae, some other neolithic/ancient islands and settlements, and of course I would be dumb to miss the local whiskey distilleries which I definitely need to go check out.
After that I probably take a train or a flight (depending how long I stay in Scotland) to the west coast of Ireland and from there a ferry to the Skellig Michael.

For the London-Scotland-Ireland trip I've scheduled about 2 weeks. And after that I take a flight to the Southern Europe – Slovenia or Croatia where I'd love to go kayaking to some mountain/river areas and from there easy, relaxed travelling with shady hostels and pubs along the way with train Slovenia -> Hungary -> Slovakia -> Poland and from Gdansk (North of Poland) I plan to fly back to Turku.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Tilburg, Netherlands. Roadburn 2013. And a honeymoon at some random european location.
Palma

Post by Palma »

3 weeks in Ibiza? You feeling suicidal? Go when all the schools go. That's when the shit hits the fan!

This year I want to go to Tomorrowland. Youtube it xD
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Me and my wife are going to Helsinki to see Adam Lambert (yeah I know, her idea) perform 21st day of march. In the spring we'll be going to Ireland if we have the money.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

23.02 - 02.03.13 I'll be in Austria, skiing. This summer(after I sent my little Simmo to military), I'd like to go trippin' Europe on a motorcycle. At the moment I've got Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria etc in mind..cheaper places, good weather :)
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Dargon wrote:23.02 - 02.03.13 I'll be in Austria, skiing. This summer(after I sent my little Simmo to military), I'd like to go trippin' Europe on a motorcycle. At the moment I've got Slovenia, Croatia, Bulgaria etc in mind..cheaper places, good weather :)
MEH, Austria :(. Perhaps next year i send you there! Ha