The Direction of Pangaea and Nerfing Classes

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

Re: The Direction of Pangaea and Nerfing Classes

Post by Zaradon »

Myeah, i know - was giving it a try atleast.
There's no random for Kill if there's 4 necros chanting at one target. 20% becomes 80 and 5 necros make it already 100%
Takes 3 necros to get a 60% chance to Kill the target which is almost every single time.

Heightened skills are broken as they are right now, giving too little edge/gain for all the wasted time.
Meditation in religions, in other hand is the exactly opposite compared to non-religions.

Heightened skills should be "permament indestructable clothes", basically. Indy cloth wont make it better, it will just give you another empty slot for another skill.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Zaradon wrote:Myeah, i know - was giving it a try atleast.
There's no random for Kill if there's 4 necros chanting at one target. 20% becomes 80 and 5 necros make it already 100%
Takes 3 necros to get a 60% chance to Kill the target which is almost every single time.

Heightened skills are broken as they are right now, giving too little edge/gain for all the wasted time.
Meditation in religions, in other hand is the exactly opposite compared to non-religions.

Heightened skills should be "permament indestructable clothes", basically. Indy cloth wont make it better, it will just give you another empty slot for another skill.
Actually, if there's N necros casting kill on you once, the chance to get instakilled is as follows:
1 necro/kill: 20%
2 necros/kills: 36%
3 necros/kills: 48,8%
4 necros/kills: 59,04%
5 necros/kills: 67,23%

So basically, 3 necros already can kill someone HALF of the time pretty much, which is prettttty significant rate imho.

The same % also applies if you get 3 kills casted on you in succession by the same person. So basically, if someone manages to target you 3 times with kill, you have approx 50% chance of being dead at least by one of them.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Zaradon wrote:Heightened skills should be "permament indestructable clothes", basically. Indy cloth wont make it better, it will just give you another empty slot for another skill.
Sorry for the tangent, but this is actually kind of an interesting idea. Will think about it more.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

If you actually implent this, I will leave heighten class on my merchant (Alchemist) and reenter it with other 3 skills
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Jyrgen wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Myeah, i know - was giving it a try atleast.

Actually, if there's N necros casting kill on you once, the chance to get instakilled is as follows:
1 necro/kill: 20%
2 necros/kills: 36%
3 necros/kills: 48,8%
4 necros/kills: 59,04%
5 necros/kills: 67,23%

So basically, 3 necros already can kill someone HALF of the time pretty much, which is prettttty significant rate imho.

The same % also applies if you get 3 kills casted on you in succession by the same person. So basically, if someone manages to target you 3 times with kill, you have approx 50% chance of being dead at least by one of them.
are those odds really that excessive? combined with the spell being reflective, the time it takes to cast, interrupted spells and also the target fleeing the maximum radius it doesnt seem that unreasonable... also.. when do you ever see 5 necros on one character? anyone is doomed in a 5 vs 1 regardless of the class. if you all want it nerfed so bad, just increase the delay between casting by a few seconds, or make necros run a tad slower as they cast it to give players a chance to flee. Has anyone ever tested the mechanics and PVP a necro repeatedly to determine how often each player wins? I would be interested in hearing what a necro player has to say
Last edited by Bestia Domare on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

asinger wrote: are those odds really that excessive? combined with the spell being reflective, the time it takes to cast, interrupted spells and also the target fleeing the maximum radius it doesnt seem that unreasonable... also.. when do you ever see 5 necros on one character? if you all want it nerfed so bad, just increase the delay between casting by a few seconds, or make necros run a tad slower as they cast it to give players a chance to flee. Has anyone ever tested the mechanics and PVP a necro repeatedly to determine how often each player wins?
It's a part of players psychology to remember the bad times better than the good times. Even if you'd win a necro 5 times on a battlefield and lose once, you still rather come to forums blaming the game mechanics of the one loss, instead just accept it as a fair loss. But you never come to forums saying that "hey! I've won necromancer 4 times in row now, I think we should do some balancing here". Same thing we see with religions and tomes. Many players often wants to find a reason for the loss from somewhere else than himself.

That being said, I don't mean that we don't listen to players feedback if they have lost to someone, but it means that we have to be aware of the system ourself as a staff and how it works, and learn to separate the frustration rant from the real issues. And I'm not pointing fingers to players, it's understandable reaction and that's just how many humans function in a competitive situation.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Iktomi wrote:
Zaradon wrote:Heightened skills should be "permament indestructable clothes", basically. Indy cloth wont make it better, it will just give you another empty slot for another skill.
Sorry for the tangent, but this is actually kind of an interesting idea. Will think about it more.
I think this will kinda kill the heighten system. You don't go heighten for free cloth, but to gain the extra edge.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I'm actually PRETTY sure even the necros know how imba kill actually is, considering the "if you wont have a druid and/or guards, we won't bring necros to the battlefield" things.

The real problem is that you can't really counter kill in other ways than just not PvPing necros.

Besides, the problem isn't 4 necros vs whoever, it's 2/3/4 necros + tek + imp vs someone (I.e, 10+ vs 10+ battles, necros PWN the field).
Last edited by Jyrgen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah. so it would be nice if it 105 would be as 115. :D
you'd go for heighten to get ancient and then you'd always have 115 without cloth even!
ofc, you could still be using indies before ancient to have as much as you could. but when reaching ancient, 115 skills forevah!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Stop crying about necros like we have stopped crying about your malleus n shit. They are op and you know they are op, learn to live with it.

Its no different thing, also its your own fault allying with nature = no necros on your side in pvp.