Bards, Poke' Hunting, Provoke

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

Re: Bards, Poke' Hunting, Provoke

Post by Iktomi »

I feel like it's something we could explore... so basically your revision would allow you to provoke something then have it chase you somewhere else and then target the other target?

Definitely makes the skill easier to use...
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Yes, but it would still check to make sure that both creatures had LoS to each other and whatever other checks need to be made.
Hell with that change I would think most bards would even be cool with the check making checks on the mobs vs and even stopping the whole reverse provoke thing (although that would make training harder, but the risk/reward/timsink would equal out pretty well)
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

No in my opinion as this is a boost to Bards. Bards need no boost, the only thing I would change with them is how hard music is to train.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Classic. You just came back and now asking for a boost because it's hard. Hehe.
I doubt Bards need a boost. You just need to learn play it.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Wait, you want to take a mob and drag it to another, nullifying the difficulty of mobs having to be on the same screen to provo? You're basically saying you want to take a mob around the dungeon, and put it on any mob you choose. Am I reading this correctly?

+1 to Johnny, he nailed it.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Bards can solo almost any dungeon in the game and you want to make it easier for them to do so... No.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

bards can solo ALMOST any dungeon.
oh well, other classes can also solo ALMOST any dungeon.
if people can go in groups of 2 as i've seen to clear most dungeons, then maybe bards aren't that strong just because they can clear ALMOST any dungeon? really, if that's the issue, then like kat says, a lot of classes need a serious nerf bat hit

if they can keep provocation like this, i think that it's fine if those skills affect some of the songs, and i also thing that then we should be given animal lore to make us the non-tamers pokehunter healers in dungeons.

if we're not gonna be as "provo masters" as we were, then we'll be able to be support class through healing monsters and blessing and shit. i'd really like that, even though i'd prefer provocation
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Classic Walac, Vaux and Quintoz posts
+1 for keeping Pang Classy

It's sad that other people are actually having a discussion but you three have to come in, flame then act like you're adding to the conversation, not sure why your posting privileges haven't been banned yet for the amount of times you've broken posting rules.

Now moving on with the actual constructive conversation.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Glarundis wrote:bards can solo ALMOST any dungeon.
oh well, other classes can also solo ALMOST any dungeon.
if people can go in groups of 2 as i've seen to clear most dungeons, then maybe bards aren't that strong just because they can clear ALMOST any dungeon? really, if that's the issue, then like kat says, a lot of classes need a serious nerf bat hit

if they can keep provocation like this, i think that it's fine if those skills affect some of the songs, and i also thing that then we should be given animal lore to make us the non-tamers pokehunter healers in dungeons.

if we're not gonna be as "provo masters" as we were, then we'll be able to be support class through healing monsters and blessing and shit. i'd really like that, even though i'd prefer provocation
Exactly, if we're relinquished to the lower efficiency of the changes to provoke then we should be given something to compensate, putting the bard into a niche of the best support class would be a great way to make up for it. I too would like the provoke change like Ares has described but if that's not possible because of the LoS or because it creates too much solo hunting of too many high end mobs then yeah it can't be done, the idea is BALANCE the bard

I'm sure other people would love to see everyone except their characters be placed into a position where they are subpar at farming so that the market will always be in their favor and I don't think it's hard to figure out from forum posts and rp posts who those people are... and should the shard really pander to that kind of mentality?
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:Classic. You just came back and now asking for a boost because it's hard. Hehe.
I doubt Bards need a boost. You just need to learn play it.
No cursing.
No flaming or disrespecting other members. If you have differing opinions, express them maturely.
Try to stay on topic.

Try and stay within the rules of the Forum.