Bards, Poke' Hunting, Provoke

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Bards, Poke' Hunting, Provoke

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Classic. You just came back and now asking for a boost because it's hard. Hehe.
I doubt Bards need a boost. You just need to learn play it.
No cursing.
No flaming or disrespecting other members. If you have differing opinions, express them maturely.
Try to stay on topic.

Try and stay within the rules of the Forum.
Pretty much said everything there is to say. Bard is okey, it's all up to the player. The tools are there to use them. If you do it correct or not is on you.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kat Asherstone wrote: I'm sure other people would love to see everyone except their characters be placed into a position where they are subpar at farming so that the market will always be in their favor and I don't think it's hard to figure out from forum posts and rp posts who those people are... and should the shard really pander to that kind of mentality?
So when people tell you that you are simply wrong it's a conspiracy? I would like to see some examples, I like conspiracies.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

No thanks for bad becoming the easy mode, the bards I know seem to be doing just fine. There's just some things you're not supposed to be able to do solo.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Classic. You just came back and now asking for a boost because it's hard. Hehe.
I doubt Bards need a boost. You just need to learn play it.
No cursing.
No flaming or disrespecting other members. If you have differing opinions, express them maturely.
Try to stay on topic.

Try and stay within the rules of the Forum.
Pretty much said everything there is to say. Bard is okey, it's all up to the player. The tools are there to use them. If you do it correct or not is on you.

16-18 tile run, song of demolition, rinse repeat = dead mob

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, I already know how to play the bard well enough to clear a bit more than I ought be able to with the current set of gear/skills

The fact remains the skill does not represent what is actually occurring within the "reality" of the game which is the point... Pang strives to be "real" in the sense of its world, just because you think its fine doesn't suddenly make the skill working in such a way fit what is happening in the game. I understand that there is most likely a language barrier that can't be overcome because you seem to not be focusing on the important semantics that are being discussed as the base of the problem. It's ok, I forgive you.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

+1 though for the successful troll bait
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

I still don't think it's broken. Little guy's too afraid to go for that big guy no matter how much you provoke.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Talerco Pious wrote:I still don't think it's broken. Little guy's too afraid to go for that big guy no matter how much you provoke.
That would be a reference to the skill check then, not the location of said skill check, which is what is actually the question at hand.

And you're right, little guy should be too afraid, moreover the big guy should laugh at the idea of being told what to attack... that's why I suggested that the provocation levels of higher end mobs be adjusted and the placement of the check be changed.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Bard has already been fixed. You just gotta learn to play the new Bard.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:Bard has already been fixed. You just gotta learn to play the new Bard.
16-18 tiles, demolition, rinse repeat

it hasn't changed except provoke which I never used for hunting until I was doing Giants/Dragons

I'll give ya +5 though for the attempt at continuing the subversion of the thread
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Bard has already been fixed. You just gotta learn to play the new Bard.
16-18 tiles, demolition, rinse repeat

it hasn't changed except provoke which I never used for hunting until I was doing Giants/Dragons

I'll give ya +5 though for the attempt at continuing the subversion of the thread
Yes we get your badass attitude already. But Provo has been fixed. It was way to good before. The current system makes Bard what it's suppose to be.