Sightseeing in The Netherlands

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Aileth

Sightseeing in The Netherlands

Post by Aileth »

Soooo I'm going to The Netherlands for a week and I'm looking for places to visit in the surroundings of Amsterdam.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Glarundis

Re: Sightseeing in The Netherlands

Post by Glarundis »

balu (i think you even know him irl is going back to the netherlands tomorrow i think? and he probably knows some places)
i've been there once, only visited amsterdam and utrecht so i can't help much.
dammit why does it seem everyone is travelling all the time and i'm never doing that?being a teacher sucks for getting holidays :S
Palma

Post by Palma »

If you're going Sightseing, I strongly advise the Iamsterdam card. You get free transport around, you get free entrance in a lot of things, and like 50% discount on others.
http://www.iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experie ... -city-card

Now about places I remember seing (4 years ago)
House of Ann Frank, is an historic mark that people will ask you about
Dinner at a boat in the canals, should come free with the Iamsterdam card
The botanic garden, is a bit out of hand but, it has a lot of crazy ass plants
The Van Gogh museum is also terrific

To be honest that's about the only things I remember from the card. Tough the card allowed me to spend entire days running from one side to the other to see things. It pays off. Oh and don't go for 1 day, you don't have time to use it well then. Also, bear in mind that some things you only get 50% or 30% discount with the card, so try to do the free things first. Even if it doesn't look great sometimes, I often got surprised.

I suggest you enter a coffee shop, I myself don't do drugs but, you just have to enter one and look at their menus and take pictures.

If you're going with a partner, I suggest you try Space Cakes one day before going to the hotel ;) (one is plenty imo, but then again, I don't do drugs). They come in a package with instructions, make sure to read them.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

The Rijks Museum in Amsterdam is also awesome.

If you're looking for nightlife, there's a club called Paradisio that was super fun and has lots of guest DJs and live acts
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Palma wrote:
If you're going with a partner, I suggest you try Space Cakes one day before going to the hotel ;) (one is plenty imo, but then again, I don't do drugs). They come in a package with instructions, make sure to read them.
you mean you don't do drugs, often :D
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Thanks for the ideas, we're renting a car because it's kind of work/holiday trip :lol: and it would be too messy to find out how the transportation works. (We have a dutch friend in the group so transportation shouldn't be a problem ;)
Palma

Post by Palma »

Glarundis wrote:
Palma wrote:
you mean you don't do drugs, often :D
No I mean ever xD