Going to Barcelona, Spain - anything to know?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Darian Darkmind

Going to Barcelona, Spain - anything to know?

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I'm heading to Barcelona with my GF in May and figured if any of you from those parts of the world could share me some useful information:

1. Is there anything cool that I - or my GF - have to see?
2. What's the best way of transportation, how much does a taxi cost for example 10-15km trip?
3. Anything I should know before I go?
Palma

Re: Going to Barcelona, Spain - anything to know?

Post by Palma »

-La familia sagrada
-All buildings of Gaudi
-Port Aventura

Those are the must ones.
Dunno about taxis.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

1) La Sagrada Familia is Gaudi's as well. ;)
A few Basilicas are worth a close look like that one, most notably the Santa Eulalia, the Barri Gotic and Santa Maria del Mar's. A few places are a must go - the Montjuic Castle, the Chocolate Museum and the Museum of Rock. There are a few monument towers to see and get a picture, but I reckon you'll see them anyway by just looking at the skyline. :P
I'd highly suggest spending the end of afternoons sitting in a bar inside one of the plazas. Lots of art exhibitions, dancers, musicians, skaters, pretty much everything happens at those, specially on weekends. La Plaça del sol, Las Ramblas, La Plaça del Pi, La Plaça Reial, La Plaça del Diamant, pick one and enjoy.

2) Taxi: Barcelona has a huge metro system. Better, faster, cheaper.

3) A hand in your wallet pocket, non-flashing clothes. You're Finnish so you'll already look enough like a tourist.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

- La Sagrada Familia is totally awesome.
- I didn't find I needed to use taxis at all
- Even Catalan girls will pull a knife and rob you (although you're with your gf, so hopefully you'll be resistant to their charms)
- I really liked the Dali museum in Barcelona
- I think there's some sort of museum card that's a pretty good deal...
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

Hi! I visited our barcelona office with work in november. Lovely city :)
Apart from the already recommended locations i'd say visit Nou Camp (If you're into football)
My own gem in barcelona is a very old cocktail bar, right of las ramblas (tourist street)

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/spain/barcelona/boadas

Remember that cocktails in spain comes in large sizes. :)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Arden Darkfall wrote:
3) A hand in your wallet pocket, non-flashing clothes. You're Finnish so you'll already look enough like a tourist.
this :P

and la sagrada familia is quite interesting yeah. although, it's still not completed. it started like, 100 years ago and they need another like 20 years to finish it?and that's if things go as planned lol

maybe by the time i'm 50 it'll be finished (and by now you can already notice the difference in quality between new areas and old, eroded areas lol)