Series we love thems!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: Series we love thems!

Post by Tyrion »

Ares wrote:Breaking bad was fucking awesome. The pace and the storytelling of the series was amazing. Like a book. I haven't seen the last episode though which I heard came out. So.. Stfu, or like, pietydrop or something!

Arrested development was fantastic as well. Season 4 was hilarious.

Edit: I'm on netflix. Any recommendations? Thinking about the walking dead.
Orange is the New Black (two and a half stars) and House of Cards (four and a half stars).
Elsabet

Post by Elsabet »

A Game of Thrones
Once Upon a Time
The Tutors
Rome
Dexter ->Only exception, I like fantasy and history based best :)

i occasionally watch Through the Wormhole By Morgan Freeman but I found it puts me to sleep.....better than reading a textbook.
Last edited by Elsabet on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Rincoe wrote:I watched a fair bit of walking dead - it was really good.
First couple seasons of sons of anarchy and dexter were also really awesome - I have commitment issues to series so I never kept up with watching either of them :P
That's where Netflixesque services come in handy, as Kevin Spacey put it, people have become accustomed to "bingeing" on tv shows that have "complex, smart stories". You don't have to necessarily watch a tv show every Thursday night, if you wait just a little while longer currently, they'll release a series to the plethora of streaming services and you can watch them there in your own time. Personally there are very few shows I actively watch brand new episodes of on tv anymore, I spend a lot of my day when watching tv watching old people shows like Antiques Roadshow(We get the re-runs here in the states anyways, their always a couple years old) and other shows like that. But my Netflix and HuluPlus queues are full of stuff I want to watch and it usually takes me a week to get through a season of a show depending on the length of the season of course.

Oh and another show I am loving right now:
Life on Mars(UK) - Being a devout anglophile, I believe that when the British do a movie or show, they always do it best and this has been no exception. Once I am done with this I will move onto, Ashes to Ashes if HuluPlus or Netflix has it on there, otherwise its back to scouring Korean shows or old shows from 20 odd years and back.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

American Horror Story
Jon

Post by Jon »

Arrow
The Suits
Modern Family
Brooklyn Nine Nine
The Blacklist
Revolution
Boardwalk Empire
Mentalist
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Some of my favorite series I've watched:
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Forgot about Wilfred that's a great show, I want to see the Australian version of it at some point.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:Some of my favorite series I've watched:
I support this list to 100%. Removed some (Especially Lost). Add The Walking Dead and The Wire to this and bam. Done.
Last edited by Johnny Walac on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ares

Post by Ares »

Star trek tng and and enterprise were awesome. DS9 sucked balls.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:Some of my favorite series I've watched:
I support this list to 100%. Removed some (Especially Lost). Add The Walking Dead and The Wire to this and bam. Done.
Yeah completely forgot about The Wire. It should be on the list, but I wouldn't say same about The Walking Dead, not my cup of tea.