Eve Online

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Percy

Eve Online

Post by Percy »

Anyone here play Eve Online or has done in the past?
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Eve Online

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Spent about an hour on it, its neat, its a huge huge universe, just didn't grab me. Sci-fiesque games have a hard time grabbing me.

But if you want to play a game where you can build skills while not being logged in at all Eve is a good way to go, that of course has it's pros and cons.

I found the interface extremely confusing.

It has a great economy though, essentially if you put something up for sale in one star system it can only be picked up in that star system. What this does is allow for local economies unlike those of WoW and even UO where everything is globally boring.

I say check it out, its a free 14 day trial I think if you like it play it if you don't, don't.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Percy

Post by Percy »

I played the free trial first and quit, I thought I could skip the tutorials and found it confusing and boring.

Then I gave it another shot (on a different account, free trial time on first had ran out). Followed all the tutorials and checked things out bit by bit and asked for help in the rookie section when needed and to be honest it's not all that complicated.

The most complicated thing for me is actually choosing a type of ship class and profession to head towards. Although you can be whatever you want, or all professions, on one character it can take an extreme amount of time to achieve that.

The rest is pretty much straight forward once you have got through the tutorial. If you are considering playing Evemon, a free downloadable tool, that is third party i think, will help you out massively. It'll help you create training plans, if you want a ship but don't know how to get it it. It'll tell you what skills etc to train in order to fly that ship and also some recommended skills to have as well.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Tried it for a few weeks and got bored really fast. It's a fun game if you play with a group of friends, otherwise it's kind of hard to pick up on your own.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Played for years but on a break atm. If you have questions you can send me a message
I whine, therefore I am
samuel reco

Post by samuel reco »

played since 2008
Elsabet

Post by Elsabet »

If they are still playing, give a shout out to The Gentleman's Club in Eve Online. I encountered those guys in a different game and joined their ranks. Most fun I have had in forever! :lol:

After hanging out with stuffy Elizabethan starched collar wearing, hail...how art thou type roleplayers on EA servers the company of beer swilling, trash talkin, hard gunning PKs from UO's old days was a blast!
Striker

Post by Striker »

Played for many years as C0ven fleet commander. Now I've sold my acc. It's not the same game anymore.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Striker wrote:Played for many years as C0ven fleet commander. Now I've sold my acc. It's not the same game anymore.
Are you Ricardo Mota? :P
I whine, therefore I am
Striker

Post by Striker »

Hey Talerco - afair we've had contact in Eve couple of years ago ;) Garon Motis here.