World Cup 2014!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: World Cup 2014!

Post by Glarundis »

but why on earth aren't those guys playing?

i'd rather have cedric instead of joao pereira
i'd have william carvalho instead of miguel veloso any day
as for beto instead of rui patricio, i don't care, but hey, good news for you, patricio is injured too
what's great now is coentrao is out of the cup for good, and we don't have anyone else...oh wait, we have andre almeida...this whole enterprise was a failure from the moment the pre-call from paulo bento was made...
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

You want a reason why?! Simple: Jorge Mendes ;)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah, that's why portugal, even with some good players, can't do better than they do..because the whole organization is messed up. i don't even think they (and because of that, the players aswell) want to play to win..they're on vacation i suppose hehe

and the referees continue their spray of destruction..
david luiz tackling someone (can't remember) on the penalty area around the 70 minute...no replays whatsoever.
thiago silva tackling javier hernandez from behind, red card was justified..only yellow card..
interpol is in brazil investigating prearranged matches..
fifa decided to not replay dubious situations if they choose not to..

what more do we need to know?
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Dalton wrote:You want a reason why?! Simple: Jorge Mendes ;)
Mendes' players on the squad:
Coentrão, Veloso, William, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Ronaldo, Nani, H. Almeida, Postiga.
If only he had more portuguese players in his ranks...

-Mendes didn't alienate Ricardo Carvalho.
-Mendes didn't alienate Tiago.
-Mendes didn't pick a squad with only 2 wing backs, relying on André Almeida as a right/left back sub. The guy doesn't have the quality to be in the squad, in either position.
-Mendes didn't pick a squad with only one offensive midfielder (young and inexperienced Rafa), relying on an injured Ronaldo to create every single chance.
-Mendes didn't decide to rest the day after the game and only train 30 minutes today, because poor boys can't stand the heat. USA played yesterday and did a full training, Germany the same.

The sole reason for this failure is Paulo Bento. But hey, he must be doing a good job, the Federation decided to extend his contract even before the World Cup started.

Hoping to see against USA:
Beto ; Pereira - B. Alves - R. Costa - Veloso ; William , Moutinho , Rafa ; Nani , Ronaldo , Éder

But I'm pretty sure it'll be something like:
Beto ; Pereira - B. Alves - R. Costa - Almeida ; Veloso , Moutinho , Meireles - Nani , Ronaldo , Postiga :idea:
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Agreed on the André Almeida point (seriously!), but then again its clear enough that Hugo Almeida and Postiga are quality players who deserve to be on the team... NOT!
Arden Darkfall wrote:Mendes' players on the squad:
Coentrão, Veloso, William, Bruno Alves, Pepe, Ronaldo, Nani, H. Almeida, Postiga.
If only he had more portuguese players in his ranks...
I guess someone forgot about Rui Patricio, huh?! (And Im not sure I'm not forgetting someone else too)

And Ronaldo MUST shine, even if he's not interested or unable to play properly (look at the last game, no one took a shot at the goal, they all passed to Ronaldo even if the guy was surrounded by germans)!
And you can't be serious when you say that Mendes doesn't have a pull on Paulo Bento, come on...

I agree Bento sucks donkey ass, but I believe that he ain't doing it all by himself, its just too much coincidence!
Arden Darkfall wrote:Hoping to see against USA:
Beto ; Pereira - B. Alves - R. Costa - Veloso ; William , Moutinho , Rafa ; Nani , Ronaldo , Éder

Beto ; Pereira - B. Alves - R. Costa - Almeida ; Veloso , Moutinho , Meireles - Nani , Ronaldo , Postiga :idea:
Agreed!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Adiós España!

WTH was that?! :?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Wasn't expecting Spain to fall like that :(.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

VIVA ESPANA!
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Dalton wrote:
I agree Bento sucks donkey ass, but I believe that he ain't doing it all by himself, its just too much coincidence!
Arden Darkfall wrote:Hoping to see against USA:

Agreed!
paulo bento is not a bad coach, he's just very stubborn when it comes to some players, and it fucked up badly for the portuguese team. and it's not just about carvalho and tiago. even though i think he did a good job with the shitty team he had in sporting, there were always some problems with some players and him..

that line up is almost what i'd say, but i'd have cedric instead of joao pereira (oh wait, cedric wasn't even called..). i'm seriously hoping he goes for veloso replacing coentrao and putting william on the midfield instead of being stubborn and keeping veloso on the midfield and putting andre almeira replacing coentrao :S
can't say anything about rafa, don't know him, but i'm also hoping he puts eder instead of postiga...but he's too stubborn, so i wouldn't be surprised if eder and william are not picked to start the game