World Cup 2014!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: World Cup 2014!

Post by Glarundis »

Arden Darkfall wrote:The sole reason for this failure is Paulo Bento. But hey, he must be doing a good job, the Federation decided to extend his contract even before the World Cup started.
i know right...shit's gonna continue...imo they're not even there to play, they're just there for vacations..germany is not, and that's why they go there, and they train properly and they study their matches...our players are already "big stars" so they can just go and enjoy the world cup as a little trip to brazil
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Dalton wrote:Agreed on the André Almeida point (seriously!), but then again its clear enough that Hugo Almeida and Postiga are quality players who deserve to be on the team... NOT!
Dude we all know those 3 mofos are a joke as football players. They wouldn't take place on local amateur teams, yet those sons of bitches are on our national team...WTH is the direction board thinking? lol
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Dalton wrote:I agree Bento sucks donkey ass, but I believe that he ain't doing it all by himself, its just too much coincidence!
I obviously disagree with external influences when it comes to picking the squad, but that exists everywhere. Nike picks Brazil squad, Germany is picked by Adidas, Russia is decided by Gazprom and so on. Portugal has Mendes. And truth is, he represents the best players in the country. It's not his fault that a whole country hasn't produced one single quality right back, one single quality playmaker and one single quality striker in the span of an entire generation.

Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Arden Darkfall wrote:It's not his fault that a whole country hasn't produced one single quality right back, one single quality playmaker and one single quality striker in the span of an entire generation.
it's a problem (or used to be) when it comes to portugal. my brother used to play in sporting when he was 12-14 and even then there were no specific train sessions for strikers..no wonder that with this mentality the country wasn't gonna produce any decent strikers. i don't know about the other clubs, but since sporting is considered to be a good one when it comes to raising players..
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Glarundis wrote:my brother used to play in sporting
I feel for your brother... :( Hopefully he has now recovered from it!
Aznar

Post by Aznar »

Sooooo.... you guys think Holland has any chance to win this cup?

Before the tournament, I didn't. But now, my body is painted orange, my dog is sprayed orange, my wife poops in orange, oh and this is my house right now:

Fuck yeah!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I wouldn't exclude Holland from the winning set just yet, but that second match against Australia wasn't nearly as good as the first.
I'm curious to watch the Holland vs Chile match, that ought to be good!
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Aznar wrote:Sooooo.... you guys think Holland has any chance to win this cup?

Before the tournament, I didn't. But now, my body is painted orange, my dog is sprayed orange, my wife poops in orange, oh and this is my house right now:

Fuck yeah!
Besides Germany, Dutchmen are the best looking team in the tournament. I question their defense but they're up there, for me. Chile could be a sleeper as well. Also. . . Switzerland looks EXTREMELY strong. I expect to see all of these four teams in the final stages.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i'm cheering for netherlands or chile to win the world cup.
but i think germany will take the cup

brazil?ah..their first match wasn't impressive, and neither was their second..they have 4 points only because of that penalty with fred

and now, dedicated to england

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

tbh i liked this england squad..but it would be unfair if uruguay was out of the cup instead
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Aznar wrote: Image

So finally we know how Aznar's runekeep looks like irl :)
I wish the best for team Holland,i hope they will take the crown.Go imperial boyz!!!!