World Cup 2014!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Jon

Re: World Cup 2014!

Post by Jon »

brazil vs chile - TIE, shootouts and either of them can win.

colombia vs uruguay - Colombia wins by two goals atleast

netherlands vs mexico - netherlands wins by one or after OT/shootout

costa rica vs greece - costa rica

france vs nigeria - France

germany vs algeria - germany

argentina vs switzerland - Argentina

belgium vs usa - belgium atleast by two goals

Tips for the people who like to make some bets ;)
Mandos

Post by Mandos »

panGAEA, a subliminal message.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Jon wrote:brazil vs chile - TIE, shootouts and either of them can win.

Kompany and Vermaelen are doubtful, so I don't know about those at least two goals.
632-140-419
Jon

Post by Jon »

Vaux27 wrote:
Jon wrote:brazil vs chile - TIE, shootouts and either of them can win.

Kompany and Vermaelen are doubtful, so I don't know about those at least two goals.
Yeah, true. But still I'm very surprised and disappointed if Belgium doesn't win that game easily.

btw, I nailed both games yesterday and won +700 euros :)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

great match between netherlands and mexico

i was cheering for netherlands, but it's sad to see mexico go down like that, in just 5 minutes...happens though
the problem with these penalties, is that while there is a foul, robben would never get the ball even if there was no physical contact...but since they fall, the referee has no other choice than to point to the penalty spot
Jon

Post by Jon »

I really hope Netherlands will change Robben on the left and use Huntelaar with Van Persie. Their defense is big and slow, so they need to play very offensive if they want to go to the finals. Second half was great after Mexico made a goal and since I had one goal win for Netherlands, i'm very pleased with the outcome.
Glarundis wrote: the problem with these penalties, is that while there is a foul, robben would never get the ball even if there was no physical contact...but since they fall, the referee has no other choice than to point to the penalty spot
What do you mean? Robben would never get the ball if there wasn't a physical contact...but then it wouldn't be a foul, right?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i meant, _even_ if there wasn't a physical contact..i'm not saying it isn't a foul, because it is. my point is, it's sad to see such fouls leading to penalties when clearly the player would never get the ball even if there wasn't one..makes you play for the foul instead of playing for the game itself..

i know those are the rules, but i wonder if they could change the rules to make it so that if it's obviously impossible to reach the ball when you are tackled, then it's not a foul (unless due to harshness of the tackle itself)

in this case what happened was that marquez did touch robben, but even if he had not, the ball wasn't in robben's possession anymore, not when there were 3 mexican players right next to the ball

or i'm thinking of situations where you deliberately just shoot the ball forward knowing you won't ever get to it, but you may still get a foul when trying to run past the defender. most of the time, these fouls do not exist since the defender has no fault if the attacker is trying to run _through_ him...what is the defender supposed to do?just step aside and say "there you go, have a free run at the ball", but the referee almost always considers it a foul
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

It was a momentum call, they got away with at least two tackles in the box earlier in the game, but you just couldn't ignore that one. Minimal contact with a flop in actuality, and you would hope they would start yellow carding more strictly for flops. That one just looked too good, honestly.

I'm ready for the game Tuesday! Go Costa Rica and CONCACAF. :D
632-140-419
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

İf the greece vs costa rica game wasnt favorism and euro centric supperiority complex...i dunno what is. İ have big respect for costa rica now, they beaten not only greece but the referee as well.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i saw that game and i don't know what you mean by the referee favouring european countries, i didn't see any clear penalties or anything like that. i actually think this world cup is all about southern american teams so far hehe

now watching france vs nigeria, hoping nigeria wins, they're playing as well, if not better than the french