Re: What have you been playing?

Post by samuel reco »

Danielle wrote:Battlefield 4:
^
same
Percy

Post by Percy »

Any BF4 PC players feel free to add me on Origin.

Username - Sirlacker
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Charha

Post by Charha »

I also have to compliment this crafting/survival game called Don't Starve. The goal of the game is to keep the darkness at bay (otherwise you get eaten by a grue) and your character warm, nourished, sane and preferably armed as the seasons change.

Don't Starve's graphics are executed in a humorous and somewhat "burtonesque" style. The game is straightforward and very easy to get into, but hard to master. Basically you learn from the mistakes you make. The addictive element comes in as the player has to gather all sorts of weird resources to build odd and powerful contraptions. There are several kinds of zany characters you can unlock. I seriously laughed out loud more than once when, while playing the game, I gradually and sometimes accidentally found out about the characters' "dark secrets".

Don't Starve doesn't get old fast because the game contains a lot of randomly generated content and the game is updated fairly often. Also, this game can be played in a small window, so it's prefect for those cold and lonely macroing sessions.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Aw you have to pay for it.. lol I'll have to look more into it before deciding.
Charha

Post by Charha »

I bought Don't Starve from some Steam holiday discount for 5€ or something. Well worth that - but not probably worth 20$ unless you're unnecessarily rich.
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

I bough Don't Starve a few months back.

I don't know exactly why but I got bored of it after only a couple of hours and never touched it since ( buyers remorse id kicking in). The sound effects where annoying to me and the games lacks a lot of info... I know sometimes the best experiencie is just to learn by experimenting but for a game that has permadeath i thought you really need some kind of direction.

For me the number one survivial game is DayZ. It's set on a zombie apocalipse where only a few human survived. The game has a huge map (225 km^2), pvp, crafting system and just one goal... TO SURVIVE. Due to it's unscriptred nature it's a game that can create situations and interactions with player like no other game can.

If you feel interested on the game just check it's Steam page, the standalone version just released in Early Acess last month.

As for me i've been trying to beat Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The game is amazing it really brings that old school Zelda vibe, if you have a 3DS be sure to try it.
Charha

Post by Charha »

Sane Burkz wrote:I don't know exactly why but I got bored of it after only a couple of hours and never touched it since ( buyers remorse id kicking in). The sound effects where annoying to me and the games lacks a lot of info... I know sometimes the best experiencie is just to learn by experimenting but for a game that has permadeath i thought you really need some kind of direction.
Of course not all games are for everyone, and the game artwork might be a turn off for people who are not into the "humorously gloomy" theme. But as for info, Don't Starve has a very good wiki page that features survival techniques, crafting recipes etc. It has been loads of help for me.

At certain point I grew a little bored of the game, but then the game was updated and the game world expanded underground, so I was once more hooked.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Medieval Total War 2.

It's definitely one of the better Total Wars. Playing the Teutonic campaign at the moment. I strongly feel that the Lithuanians are the good guys in this scenario, but the Teutons have the units that fit my style of play. Tough call. It's pretty interesting that folk religion was so strong in that region even in medieval times, which is the focus of the scenario. I've probably overlooked it because we Swedes in particular tend to see ourselves at the "last pagans".
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Ares

Post by Ares »

Bump.. I really like the total war series btw Mike.

Anyone else been playing hearthstone? It's free to play. I think I'm getting slightly bored soon though. I have a super OP priest deck. Very cool game.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ares wrote:Bump.. I really like the total war series btw Mike.

Anyone else been playing hearthstone? It's free to play. I think I'm getting slightly bored soon though. I have a super OP priest deck. Very cool game.
Been playing, not much... Friends play a lot and one of the has super OP all decks :( Cant beat him.