Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: What have you been playing?

Post by Glarundis »

Arden Darkfall wrote:
Oomari wrote:7D2D and serious thinking about buying WatchDogs
Worth it. But kind of small.
Finished WD in 12 days. Main storyline is about 30/35 hours long.

I might have set the bar a bit too high, since I was expecting this game since the beginning of the year, and I never get excited about unreleased games. Or games, at all. Overall, the array of options available to complete your missions is really good, despite the story itself being pacy and short. I'm not much of a gamer, but the different features created a versatility to look at and play the game in a refreshing way from the usual shooting games. So, despite falling short of my expectations (not the groundbreaking game that was announced), it'll still be a stepping stone on the upcoming nextgen games.
i just bought a new laptop and i can't run watch dogs :S or atleast not according to game-debate.com :(
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

so, some of the games i've been playing

started by giving a go at red alert 3, uninstalled it like 2 hours after i started playing it. it was too horrible compared to red alert 2 which still kicks ass imo

then i played whatever i was missing from the hitman series

contracts was a disapointment. blood money was a huge improvement, and absolution, so far seems to be really great

now, in the meantime i play fifa 2014

it's just too hard to play the game properly on pc without a gamepad. whoever decided it was good enough to play with the mouse?lol what the fuck?seriously, have any of you tried playing it with the mouse?not only is it too hard to have it properly distanced to your player, who were the dipshits that thought it would be smart to have different actions performed by mouse movement only?actions that have like 3 different keys/buttons and combinations are all done by the mouse movement...oh wait, they are not, because it's impossible to do them. you can do action 1, action 2 and action 3, but not a combination of all of them...stupid eletronic arts lol..to make things worse, it is hardcoded to the mouse if you choose to play with a mouse. if you don't play with a mouse, it's possible to play, but it's impossible to aim properly...bah
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Chivalry
Civilization V
RuneScape (Oldschool and RS3)
Forest
Garry's Mod
Goat Simulator
Brothers
Boarderlands 2
Dark Souls ( FUCK THAT GAME )
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Daren Priesten wrote: Goatse Simulator
Uh... I don't even want to know.
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

Iktomi wrote:
Daren Priesten wrote: Goatse Simulator
Uh... I don't even want to know.
Goat Simulator is a very fun game :D
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Not much in the way of PC or console games, my sister and brother in law about a year ago reintroduced me to a game I knew of but only played a couple of times. I've been spending the Saturdays for the last three or four months and a good portion of cash flow on a little known card game called Magic the Gathering.

But I've also spent a little bit of time attempting to develop a playable race in D&D, porting my favorite mob race from World of Dreams and thus Pangaea from UO to D&D, Shaboolis. Though most of my time on this project has been creating the lands where Shaboolis come from, in my version of Shabooli, they are based heavily on the peoples of Papua New Guinea culture, just another human race, kind of sick of elves trolls and dwarves and gnomes and all the other cliched races one finds when they crack open the players handbook. If I ever finish the project I'd like to run my own D&D campaign lol but I doubt I could muster up enough people for it.

I want to create at least a basic language for them as well as a rich backstory, describing weapons, tribal culture, diet and general history. Thinking of making them "untouched" by the rest of the civilized world other then maybe slave traders who occasionally sail the coasts of Sonsyrea, the name of the islands of the Shabooli people. (admittedly I stole the name of Sonsyrea from an HBO show I was watching recently, I liked the name that much even if it belonged to a minor character.)

There you have it, me and my super nerdom.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Boern wrote:Divinity: Original Sin

10/10

I guess it's fun to play and the writing is good too.
Just finished the game yesterday. Talking to everyone and trying to finish all possible quests, a wild guess would be 40-60 hours in. In all honesty I lost track of time. A few things were annoying as hell and those I checked from google (like finding a tiny small switch hidden in some dark corner filled with spider webs), but other than that it was a fun run.

If you're friend of Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights, Original Sin is definitely worth it and once it gets a few DLCs I'll propably play through it again, this time co-op with some friend.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i have baldur's gate installed on my old desktop, i played the beggining of it, but i somehow can't get used to the game, there's something that doesn't let me feel that i'm playing an easy game to control, like diablo or throne of darkness, both enjoyed by me.i guess the interface just put me off..
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:i have baldur's gate installed on my old desktop, i played the beggining of it, but i somehow can't get used to the game, there's something that doesn't let me feel that i'm playing an easy game to control, like diablo or throne of darkness, both enjoyed by me.i guess the interface just put me off..
The pause button (space bar) is your friend.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Mike wrote:
Glarundis wrote:i have baldur's gate installed on my old desktop, i played the beggining of it, but i somehow can't get used to the game, there's something that doesn't let me feel that i'm playing an easy game to control, like diablo or throne of darkness, both enjoyed by me.i guess the interface just put me off..
The pause button (space bar) is your friend.
maybe i'll give it another try when i return home and can be bothered to turn on my old desktop :P

anyways, just finished gta iv...it's a huge disapointment considering it should be ATLEAST as good, if not better than gta san andreas, but i find it even worse..

there are stupid glitches here and there, annoying things that previous gta's didn't have, doesn't have good things that the previous gta's had.
and it was imo, too easy..the AI aim is terrible beyond belief

the only plus was the story, and even that was a bit boring and repetitive at times

gonna give a go and the expansions ballad of gay tony and the lost and damned these days