Potion Prices.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

Re: Potion Prices.

Post by Biggs »

Just so all you alchemists are aware I've compiled a list that I'm calling the 'Priority List' these I will try to get dont as soon as possible, and would greatly apprciate some help with either testing yourselves or reagents you dont mind selling for the greater good.

Deadly Poison, [T]
gClumbsy, [x]
nLife regen,
gLife regen,
nMana regen, [T]
gMana regen,
gMana vamp, [x]
gPoison Shield,
Equalizer,
Holy, [T]
Magic Reflect,
Paralyze,
Para Protect.

Estimated cost: 2.445.000 gold ( huge ammount to do alone....)

- Biggs
Last edited by Biggs on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

mana regens I can do no problem if the shard comes up and give you the results.

I just need to know what the parameters of the test should be, fails out of 100 tries or higher then 100?

I can also do holy waters too and possibly equalizers, just let me know what the parameters should be.

And I must apologize, again if I came a cross as a complete dick with my previous post(s) it wasn't intended I was literally running on an hour and a half sleep within a 48 hour period, I was quite irritable when I made that post and the three 20 (or is it 24) ounce red bulls I had in that time span didn't help with that at all, everything was just fricken annoying yesterday for me, from the minor traffic infringements I experienced on the road to the crowds I experienced while out at the shops.

But I still hold to the basic principle I was trying to convey, I do not think we really need to consult the staff about recipe modding, at worst if we need to hike prices on some potions we should do that but not go over board, part of the problem we players experience with a perhaps lack of business as alchemists is because of the sheer amount of others that also have an alchemist. Combine that with the relative ease they are to max, especially with the macro(s) out there that just make leveling alchemy that much freaking easier.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Eliana

Post by Eliana »

Thanks for the file!
I will try my best to help with the ratio here but might take a few days.

I think it takes time to manage everything because we strongly need support and participation. Everyone has different opinion as well. This potion price thing has been going on for a long time already. We need to be fair to the merchant but fair to the buyer at the same time. Maybe it's a good idea to find out the cost of making a potion first. I used to do that and had my own ratio written down to calculate the cost but since I just heightened my alchy, I think I will have to do everything again.

The bottle issue; I would rather buy it than mine sand myself. It takes too much time to make shovels, go to the beach, mine sand, melt them, and then make bottles. Why bother?

Anyways, shard is down. So I will start making potions the next day.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

To work out the fail ratios yourselves check out fail ratio tab itll tell you how many to make i have asked for 200 test potions on greaters but if everyone else agrees we can bring that down too 100... Also 110/110 is the testing norm 90% of alcys have these skills.

- Biggs
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Updated guys redownload it I have crossed off two potions from the priority list (gmanavamp / gclumbsy) check out the results!

ps customers your gonna like and dislike this one!

Remember if you want to help out you need to at 110/110 [alcy/taste] and test any of the potions equal too or greater in ammount to what is specified in the fail ratio tab, would be awsome!

Download Potions 1.2 (s) here.

- Biggs
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Updated 1st post so you guys can see what has been tested from priority list and what is being tested currently;

[x] = Tested.
[T] = Being tested.

Remember if you want to help just pm me your results!
- Biggs
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

*Added Lots of potions and some Major Fix's [20/01/2014]

Hi, I have over my few years as an alchemist tried too get some sort of official pricelist together one that is precise and fair on all party's.

So far I have come up with through an in-game event normal potion pricelist.

Download Normal Potion Price list (notepad)
(OLD) Download Special Potion Price List (OLD)

But would very much welcome all alchemists to join me on the more complex part of price setting, which is determing the fail ratios for special potions. Below you will find and excel file with everything one can expect to assist you in seeing the data from Reagent Prices, Potion Recipes [base cost], Potion Fail Ratios, Potion cost to make [base + fail rate] If you would like to assist me in this endevour please message me through the pm function or icq me via 640880677

Download Potions V1.3 (s)

*Please note I am not giving away all the recipes in this file just the ones readily available through normal channels.

Update:
- Please use +10 cloths while creating these potions as it will reward alchemist and bring down price load for customer. (110/110)
- Any issue what so ever you find please report to me via posting here or pm.
- Removed the two previously tested potions due to calculation errors and old data, will be starting a fresh.
- Sorry for the massive error in the formulas guys I must admit I had stayed up all night as this as my little project I was very tired and very High!
- Added two fail ratios next release will hopefully have a few tests from you guys ;)
- Removed fail ratios for normal potions and testing as I make Special potions

Fix:
- Changed Special Reagent Vendor Pricelist. [x]
- Updated Formula for Fail ratio tab. [x]
- Ensured all potion reagent list prices are linked to 'Reagent Price' tab. [x]
- Bloodspawn needed a x3 multiplyer instead of x2 for 'Powder/Essence' on Reagent Prices tab. [x]
- Remove Bottles from special potion prices. [x]

Pripity List: ([x] = complete || [T] = Being tested by someone)
GPoison [x]
Deadly Poison, [x]
gClumbsy, [x]
nLife regen, [x]
gLife regen, [T]
nMana regen, [x]
gMana regen, [T]
gMana vamp, [x]
gPoison Shield,
Equalizer,
Holy, [x]
Magic Reflect, [x]
Paralyze,
Para Protect.

- Biggs
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Hi guys, quick update tonight missing one potion only from priority list! special thanks to callum who has helped out with this. The rest of you alcys should be ashamed :P

Things to note the list is about to rock your world, you will see potions that are highly profitable and some Highly unprofitable.

Download Normal Potion Price list (notepad)
(OLD) Download Special Potion Price List (OLD)

But would very much welcome all alchemists to join me on the more complex part of price setting, which is determing the fail ratios for special potions. Below you will find and excel file with everything one can expect to assist you in seeing the data from Reagent Prices, Potion Recipes [base cost], Potion Fail Ratios, Potion cost to make [base + fail rate] If you would like to assist me in this endevour please message me through the pm function or icq me via 640880677

Download Potions V1.3 (s)

*Please note I am not giving away all the recipes in this file just the ones readily available through normal channels.
Pripity List: ([x] = complete || [T] = Being tested by someone)
GPoison [x]
Deadly Poison, [x]
gClumbsy, [x]
nLife regen, [x]
gLife regen, [x]
nMana regen, [x]
gMana regen, [x]
gMana vamp, [x]
gPoison Shield,
Equalizer, [x]
Holy, [x]
Magic Reflect, [x]