Potion Prices.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

Potion Prices.

Post by Biggs »

*Added Lots of potions and some Major Fix's [20/01/2014]

Hi, I have over my few years as an alchemist tried too get some sort of official pricelist together one that is precise and fair on all party's.

So far I have come up with through an in-game event normal potion pricelist.

Download Normal Potion Price list (notepad)
(OLD) Download Special Potion Price List (OLD)

But would very much welcome all alchemists to join me on the more complex part of price setting, which is determing the fail ratios for special potions. Below you will find and excel file with everything one can expect to assist you in seeing the data from Reagent Prices, Potion Recipes [base cost], Potion Fail Ratios, Potion cost to make [base + fail rate] If you would like to assist me in this endevour please message me through the pm function or icq me via 640880677

Download Potions V1.3 (s)

*Please note I am not giving away all the recipes in this file just the ones readily available through normal channels.

Update:
- Please use +10 cloths while creating these potions as it will reward alchemist and bring down price load for customer. (110/110)
- Any issue what so ever you find please report to me via posting here or pm.
- Removed the two previously tested potions due to calculation errors and old data, will be starting a fresh.
- Sorry for the massive error in the formulas guys I must admit I had stayed up all night as this as my little project I was very tired and very High!
- Added two fail ratios next release will hopefully have a few tests from you guys ;)
- Removed fail ratios for normal potions and testing as I make Special potions

Fix:
- Changed Special Reagent Vendor Pricelist. [x]
- Updated Formula for Fail ratio tab. [x]
- Ensured all potion reagent list prices are linked to 'Reagent Price' tab. [x]
- Bloodspawn needed a x3 multiplyer instead of x2 for 'Powder/Essence' on Reagent Prices tab. [x]
- Remove Bottles from special potion prices. [x]

Pripity List: ([x] = complete || [T] = Being tested by someone)
GPoison [x]
Deadly Poison, [x]
gClumbsy, [x]
nLife regen, [x]
gLife regen, [x]
nMana regen, [x]
gMana regen, [x]
gMana vamp, [x]
gPoison Shield, [x]
Equalizer, [x]
Holy, [x]
Magic Reflect, [x]
Paralyze, [x]
Para Protect.

Heres a SS to wet your appetites.

- Biggs
Last edited by Biggs on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:23 am, edited 27 times in total.
Biggs

Re: Potion Prices.

Post by Biggs »

/deleted

- Biggs
Last edited by Biggs on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah the file is a bit wrong in some potions.
even the basic potion pricelist. if gheals are 120, gpoisons simply can't be 120, they take more regs and are harder to make...
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Its hard to say this, but the prices atm are fair to buyers but not fair for Alchemists. If we raise the price of special potions, so it would be fair to the ones who make them, they would become to expensive for buyers imo. So you think it would be fair to ask GM assistance in a possible change reagents coast or less fail ratio?
Alchemists gain like around 50 gold per potion? Think about the time/resourses spend.

I might be wrong about this.My 2 cents
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Atlantis wrote:Its hard to say this, but the prices atm are fair to buyers but not fair for Alchemists. If we raise the price of special potions, so it would be fair to the ones who make them, they would become to expensive for buyers imo. So you think it would be fair to ask GM assistance in a possible change reagents coast or less fail ratio?
Alchemists gain like around 50 gold per potion?
very well said imo

that's why i try to tell ppl that alchemists don't make as much money as ppl think, just because they see the sales and see how much the potions costs. a huge percentage of the potion price is not profit. with smiths/tailors/tamers, i think that a very big part of the price is profit. perhaps compare with the other merchants see how much percentage of the price is profit?

i would say, that, all in all, if the prices are not fair for alchemists it's us alchemsits that have to raise the prices. if ppl don't like it, they don't have to buy (they will buy sooner or later) or they can buy from their friends and alts (the problem with the merchant system right now :D). i'm looking forward for a solution on this, i wonder what will it be. alts + too many alchemists doesn't help aswell. i'm waiting for it to start happening to tamers and the other classes soon enough, if ppl are willing to change their classes to those merchants
Adram

Post by Adram »

very nice work
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Glarundis wrote:yeah the file is a bit wrong in some potions.
even the basic potion pricelist. if gheals are 120, gpoisons simply can't be 120, they take more regs and are harder to make...
can you atleast tell me where they are wrong so I can fix it and update it, please.

- Biggs
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I changed my tinker into alchemist, not GM yet, and also don't have indys to help out in the ratio fail thing. I realy thought alchmist did lots of money looking to the merchant sell on forum, but the reagent coast, bottles price + fail ratio + macrocheck danger = almost free work... lol

So, lets discuss and take the real fair prices for us, stick to them, and lets see how this will turn out.
The player base is kinda wealthy atm, they might be able to buy them.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Not to derail this thread, the first thing you need to realize, that every alchemist needs to realize, they are self sufficient, they can make their own bottles, you only need a 40 tinkering to make bottles with a near 100% success rate if it isn't 100% at 40 skill and alchemists get 65% tinkering so I never understood why alchemists wasted money on buying bottles when they could just fire up a simple sand mining macro for a few hours and make themselves their own bottles. Pure and simple, if you are buying bottles you are doing yourself a great disservice and undermining your own profit margins. I know at least one person in here whom I have seen buy bottles and have countless times reminded them they can make their own.

Secondly, as someone who has a tinker, alchemist and scribe for the time spent, of those three (all at least gm'd in the skills that count), the alchemist makes the most money for me when you take into account the time involved in making potions, the fact that all an alchemist has to do is mine their own sand (unless you wish to undermine your own profit margins and buy bottles at their current purchase price), spend the time to make their bottles and then if we are just talking normal potions here such as greater heals, visiting the vendors in guarded towns with a fairly good bet you wont die in your travels doing so. When it comes to making the special potions, buy reagents smart, weigh out what a potion goes for. I mean, an alchemist is an easy class, doesn't take much time at all to build really (barring the stupidity of being heightened, (heightened = worst idea ever, icq me if you want to hear my rant as to why I wont do it here)), the real annoyance is the dying, the poisoning and exploding of oneself during the training of alchemy but seriously, you sit in town to build the skill, you aren't forced to go and seek the help of others to for instance clear ore veins for your craft. I mean, I don't know what you guys expect from a skill which in comparison to the other merchant skills is pretty damn easy.

As for the discrepancy in terms of greater poisons to greater heals, I admit the failings of greater poisons is higher but at most if you are buying bottles at 40g a pop from a tinker or other alchemist smart enough to sell bottles cause they can be bothered to make them, you are spending what 76g. Thats a 44g profit per potion and again considering there is very little danger in terms of you losing your stuff from sitting next to the healer or in your home crafting away potions, I think that's pretty damn good.

I apologize if this comes off as a huge rant, I do not intend to shine through as a mean person, but I think of all the merchant classes, the alchemist is pretty well balanced, I would not endorse approaching the staff to change anything with the alchemist class except for Key issues that plague the whole crafting system in general, potion making and the recipes of said potions are pretty well balanced. As for the prices I've been using the prices that Biggs posted here ever since I made my alchemist and I have had no issues making decent profit margins with them, but that's for us to all decide upon I guess once more.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »