Potion Prices.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

Re: Potion Prices.

Post by Biggs »

Callum, Bottles cost 20gp mate its no biggie tbh. considering you only use one bottle for creating a normal potion and you recycle said pot if you make a special potion, 20gp isn't a huge amount, for those too lazy to not make their own.

And we can talk about profits, etc, when the fail rates have been calculated. this isn't being created to increase mine or anyone else's profit. its to enlighten as well as open the debate to non alchemists the the whole shard in fact. We just need the fail ratios so when ever you get an order guys just let me know your fail ratios!

- Biggs
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah. i know you have told me many times to make my own bottles, but they take so long to make (not just the sand mining, it's the actual tinkering part) that i'd rather just buy them. besides, the difference in profit should mean something when it comes to basic potions. in special potions, 20gp shouldn't mean much. shouldn't
i don't know what about you, but gheals have a profit of about 12,1gp/second, assuming you have the market. and this is not taking into account the time you take to buy the reagents. it's not almighty as ppl seem to think.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well I will leave it to you guys to hike the prices and see where it goes, whatever you guys decide on is what I will use I suppose.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

I hope in some cases we can bring the price down too :P

- Biggs
Palma

Post by Palma »

I stopped making potions recently because I realized that potions ain't just worth it.

That ice dungeon change that made those regs even harder to get was my last drop.
I was basically just selling greater clumbsies as the only somewhat profitable potion but now I won't anymore.

Potions ain't like other things sold out there, in a Greater manavampire that you sell for 1250, if you raise it to 1300 you will already find it VERY hard to sell. People don't tolerate a raise of 50 gold in potions even if they need them and can't find anywhere else.

Imo, something should be changed.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Palma wrote: That ice dungeon change that made those regs even harder to get was my last drop.
Terathan keep has always been easier to get regs from. I don't think the vendor in ice was originally designed with the idea that priests would run through the whole dungeon and trap the ice fiend in the corner to get regs quicker.

Seeing people run through entire dungeons gets on my nerves because its almost always a nature priest. Not pointing fingers or saying ppl are doing anything wrong - but one group of people shouldn't have such a huge advantage over things like that.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

In a way the reg vendors are gold sinks- the money you spend on regs is taken out of the shard's economy and the reagents are also gone once you consume the potions... But by making the reg vendors more common you'd see more of the exotic potions but otherwise it's something that only the rich would afford.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Making them more accessible for everyone sounds good. The way it was before though was imbalanced.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

what palma said still has value. ppl won't bother paying extra for even exceptional armours and weapons.
but if it's a small increase in potion price it's like omg, this guy charges more than the other 99 alchemists out there.

i guess we just have too many alchemists which brough the reg price up (or made us just use the reg vendor, which costs a lot lot more than what the regs used to cost when you were getting them from the forums)
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

THe only way I could compete before was because I had a treasure hunter supplying me with cheaper reagents. But I did supliment that supply with special reagent vendor.

best thing abou this attemp at price fixing is how clear the results will be for everyone as I am making this available for everyone.

- Biggs