Tribute to Ultima Online Stones song

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Sane Burkz

Re: Tribute to Ultima Online Stones song

Post by Sane Burkz »

Johnny Walac wrote:The tunes are abit different depending on the client. Not sure if there is any difference between ML and AoS.

Couldn't find my Britain tune on youtube but this is the one for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22BdhS63cY
right on the money! That's the song I remeber beeing played in Brit back in the days. Thanks Johnny! <3
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Sane Burkz wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:The tunes are abit different depending on the client. Not sure if there is any difference between ML and AoS.

Couldn't find my Britain tune on youtube but this is the one for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22BdhS63cY
right on the money! That's the song I remeber beeing played in Brit back in the days. Thanks Johnny! <3

For 99.99$ i'll record the whole album!
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

that's exactly it! :D
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I remember when I first started playing UO I used to play with the music on and back then, the install sucked cause you would get Rule Brittania when you logged in near Lord British's Castle but part way through you would get, and I wish this would translate through over from text to speech noise but it won't but it would be playing and part way through you would get, ERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRRERRRRRR sounded like a wonderfully horrible collision of Synthesized notes. But yes, stones is a cool song, I scripted a Piano keyboard for the deeded pianos so that you could choose like 10 different songs to play when you clicked on the chess board instead of bringing up the chessboard on a piano and one of them was stones.

If Ares would like I can probably dig around and find it and he could put it on Pangaea though it was written for 094 possibly 095 and I was horribad at scripting for POL really so it might be riddled with horrible badness.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Heard "Stones" first time about 21+ years ago. ( Edit: correction, heard "Stones" about 3 years later, didn't have a sound card in 1992. )

Ultima 6 was my 9th birthday present, bought by my father.

First he bought Ultima 7, which is an awesome game, but our computer (386/16 mhz) was too crappy to run it, so he switched it to Ultima 6. Which became my favorite game very soon. I didn't understand english really back then but with a dictionary I learnt. I still remember the copy protection questions asked by Lord British in the beginning - and their answers!

I had an "abandonware"/"oldwarez" site for Ultima games, from Ultima 1 to 8 in 1999-2000! It's illegal even if it'd be abandonware but the crime is dated anyway :--)

The games were zipped in ~1 megabyte volumes, or even smaller, and renamed as .bmp etc on various free website providers, also password protected of course. The password was provided on the main site. This was typical for the abandonware/oldwarez sites of that age.