Masano

Re: In Por Ylem 3

Post by Masano »

"Smooth boat movement. Craftable boats and cannons. Ship PvP. "

We need this
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Ares wrote:Guys, you have a topic in the common religion forum designed for stuff like that. Stay on topic.

I tried IPY a couple years ago, and yeah.. Didn't stay long. Will be interesting to see what v3 is like though. I share the common RunUO dislike as well. It's the Pangaea syndrome. All other shards are being compared to it and if it works different it just doesn't feel right :P
Yeah I don't really know what I was expecting when I tried other servers in the past... usually I'd load up - log in- then basically go "WTF this isn't Pang at all..." then leave =P....

Edit: I never even played official UO - its always been Pang or nothin' for me so I doubt I could ever enjoy another sever.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

That server...looks like a nightmare..
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

i started playing on Journey's End, that was the shit and if it were still up today, like really up and not half assed up, I would probably if not still be playing there full time be splitting my time between there and here.

If you think RunUO and Sphere are funky, who has ever heard of an emulator for Ultima called WolfPack, that shit was funky, I remember trying out a few different emulators for Ultima Online and WolfPack was the funkiest, it was really weird, Sphere took a close second to WolfPack and RunUO wasn't around at that time so it was POL that we went with when we decided to try our hand at running a shard.

The reason why RunUO (for those who do not know) has a funky feel to it compared to Pangaea, but it is because POL in general is stuck in the past and has not kept up to date when it comes to keeping up to date with OSI (Now EA Games) with their many expansions. RunUO handles stuff better and honestly if you just want to dink around with what it feels like to play on an official Ultima Shard, go download RunUO and install it and run it and log in it is pretty much the official shards. RunUO also has and I suspect our map dev uses it for this, many great tools for editing the maps and what not and there was even talk last I heard that someone wrote a package for RunUO shards that allowed devs to change the world on the fly without restart and be able to portray those same changes to the current online players, thus you could have a huge cataclysmic event like an asteroid destroy let's say Moonglow happen in relative real time.

I agree we need smooth boats, sadly, this has nothing to do with the current staff though a POL Core upgrade might help smooth out boats a little, the issue lies with how POL handles multis and since boats are multis you can see they are not handled too well in the moving department.

As for playing IPY, I have not, but I have drawn many an idea from their shard that have been shot down countless times, they have good ideas and they have a huge following, well as big as you could expect from a game like Ultima Online going on its 17 year.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:i started playing on Journey's End, that was the shit and if it were still up today, like really up and not half assed up, I would probably if not still be playing there full time be splitting my time between there and here.
Good ol' JE... God that was some great scripting by Sigismund
Ares

Post by Ares »

Looks like it won't happen: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m60/ ... g~original (the open forums seems to be confirming this screenshot from the beta forum)
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Their website is down aye. IPY2 peaked 2.000 players I think. Lets steal them for Pang. Now is the chance!
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Johnny Walac wrote:Their website is down aye. IPY2 peaked 2.000 players I think. Lets steal them for Pang. Now is the chance!
Anyone here Reddit?

I just posted this in the UO section...

http://www.reddit.com/r/ultimaonline/co ... nline_for/

They were talking about that IPY server in another thread so I figured it would be a good time to post.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

tehsquish wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Their website is down aye. IPY2 peaked 2.000 players I think. Lets steal them for Pang. Now is the chance!
Anyone here Reddit?

I just posted this in the UO section...

http://www.reddit.com/r/ultimaonline/co ... nline_for/

They were talking about that IPY server in another thread so I figured it would be a good time to post.
Upvoted. Could have commented too but I don't want the whole Pang community see my post/comment history. ;D
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

*upvotes*